News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Custom product category view

Started by divined, July 13, 2017, 11:18:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

divined

Hello everybody

I have this problem with my site that I'm building. Specifically, I would like to display only the product categories and not the products per se on my initial product category view. Can this be done through the CMS or do I need to do some coding?

Site URL: www.gpb.gr

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

divined

Sorry for not providing my Jooma and Virtuemart versions. Here are the data:

joomla: 3.7.2
virtuemarkt: 3.2.2
php: 7.0.19

jenkinhill

OK, the configuration options in 3.2.2 are different form older versions.

For the order of configuration priority see  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=137598.0

There is an option "Show products of the selected category" in VM Configuation/Templates, on the settings tabs in the Joomla menu config for the store and on the Product Category Form for each individual category.  In addition display can be changed by the use of template overrides.   Plenty of options to choose from!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

divined

Thank you for the reply

I tried these options ('Show products for related categories') and they do work for the various categories pages. What about though the root product category page? I still get a list of all my products regardless of category.

jenkinhill

ON my sites I usually I don't show any products on the homepage except for featured & latest. The image shows the settings used for the menu item.  This is using the default VM templates, no overrides.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

divined

Thank you very much

Your reply and associated image were very helpful!