News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

How do you remove the sort by function

Started by confectionery, July 12, 2017, 16:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

confectionery

Hi
I am very new to virtuemart and have no coding background.  Does anybody know how to remove the "sort by"  and results block from the virtuemart template.  I am using virtuemart 3.0.18 and joomla 3.6.2.  I have attached a document for reference (within the red block).  Your help would be greatly appreciated.
tks

jenkinhill

You are not using default VirtueMart templates, so probably the easiest way to remove that would be simply to hide it with css.
If you were using the default VM templates for the categories then the following does the job:
.orderby-displaynumber {
   display: none;
}

Add the override to the template custom.css if it has one, or to the last template css file to load. You will have to look at the page code and confirm that the order/display div uses the orderby-displaynumber class.

Quote from: confectionery on July 12, 2017, 16:03:40 PM
I am using virtuemart 3.0.18 and joomla 3.6.2.

You should be using Joomla 3.7.3 now as all previous verions are known to be insecure. With that you should use VirtueMart 3.2.2 or later -  http://virtuemart.net/news/latest-news/480-security-release-of-joomla-3-7-be-prepared
The latest VM versions can be found on http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files  and VM3.2.4 will be released very soon.

Test any updates on a backup copy of your live site, as there are many new configuration options and your template overrides may need updating, too.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

confectionery

thank you for the feedback and the info on the latest version of virtuemart etc.  will give the override a bash and report back
tks