News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Tax Exempt, Physical and Digital Products, Discounted Variations

Started by adellaguardia, July 11, 2017, 16:44:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adellaguardia

After building an online store, then rebuilding the online store because the first shopping cart didn't have all the features I needed, I'm looking at rebuilding for a third time. This is what happens when you aren't involved with the meeting for what the customer needs.

Anyway, can I do the following things with VirtueMart? Whether it's with a plugin or built in.

• Have both physical and digital products (shipped and downloadable)
  • Have a product (book) that has multiple variations: digital (download), hard cover (shipped), and physical and digital (both download and shipped same product)
  • Have some customers tax exempt with the entry of a tax id number (doesn't need to be validated)
  • Have each variation of a product on sale for a different price. Example: shirt is $10, on sale for $5. Red is normally $13, on sale for $8. Blue is normally $15, on sale for $10.
  • Store digital products on Amazon S3 for customers to download once they purchase it
  • Use PayPal as payment

Thanks!

jenkinhill

Yes to all. You would need an extension for downloadable files, have a look at the Spiral plugin which works with local files and with S3 -  https://www.spiralscripts.co.uk/News/spiral-paid-download-plugin-now-supports-amazon-s3.html
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum