News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Is it safe to replace vmpayment/standard with a custom that copies the code

Started by wbyers, July 11, 2017, 14:57:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbyers

This one is self evident. My boss wants to add the list of purchases the customer just made to the landing page after checkout. It has become obvious that We cannot do this with any sort of ajax or php call. Can we safely replace vmpayment_standard with something like standard custom that adds the data we want to pull from the cart or would trying to replace vmpayment/standard cause an issue? We won't be modifying standard in anyway except disabling it. I want to know because I intend to bring up this issue with my boss.
If it's not safe can standard be safely modified?

jenkinhill

It is a plugin so you can edit/replace it however you wish to create your own landing page. I see no security issues, as it is post payment processing.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wbyers

Okay, so the plugin can be safely edited. It's not in danger of being overridden in an update? I need to modify it to retain information

jenkinhill

Assuming you give it its own name it will not be overwritten by updates.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wbyers

But I'd need to modify vmpayment/standard/standard.php. Would renaming the standard chain of files cause an issue?

jenkinhill

Unpack the relevant aio component, got to the admin\plugins\vmpayment directory  There you will see the standard plugin. Zip that up, rename it to something suitable, like mystandard and install it in Joomla. It will then appear in the available payment plugins and you can edit it as you wish, knowing that it will not get overwritten. It is that simple.  The original standard plugin will still be there, but can obviously be unpublished.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK