News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

ONLY update users, shoppers and order history from J1.5 & VM2 to J3+ & VM3+

Started by antonitus, July 10, 2017, 13:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antonitus

I created a new site with the latest VM3 and Joomla version.

I have a very old Joomla site (V1.5) and VM2. All I want to do is import all the users, shoppers (with info) and order history (with pdf's) to the new version and that's all.  I'm quite knowledgeable with MySQL and I roughly know what tables to import, however as I am importing from a very old version into the latest version of both Joomla and VM and will have different table layouts, I'd just like to know if anyone successfully achieved this and would like to help me, just in case I missed something or made a mistake somewhere. Initially, this will all be achieved on a test site of course before going live.

Thanks.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

antonitus

Any help from the VM developers would help a lot. Thank you.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

antonitus

Wow, such a huge community and no one will help or has done anything similar. Don't worry, I'll figure this one out myself.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

jenkinhill

It will be a long time since most of us have done this manually. All updates I and most of my colleagues have done in the last 4 or so years have been handled by a migrator, which makes the whole process quick and easy!  http://extensions.virtuemart.net/back-office/import-export/virtuemart-migrator-detail

Please be aware that someone may be able to help, but only visits the forum once a week or once a month.  http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=104795.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

antonitus

Thanks Kelvyn for your response, it is much appreciated.

I know about that migrator, but I'm not sure that will help as I only want to import Joomla users, VM users/shoppers and VM order history data and nothing else. I just wanted to know if I might be missing a table/field as there will be field differences and table relations. I'm quite knowledgeable with databases and I can export and import data using CSV, so I'm trying to figure this out and post it if I am successful. It's just a bit tedious and I didn't want to re-invent the wheel if someone else already done this successfully.

I understand about not getting a quicker response. I use to get a quicker response a few years ago when I was using this forum, so please accept my apologies.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16

Milbo

The migrator let you choose, what to import, it is really the best tool for you.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

antonitus

Thanks Milbo,

I will get the migrator then.

Can I just say how excellent your VM is as I have been using it since VM1. It is much more powerful and stable. If I have to make a cheeky suggestion, the UI needs a more modern look, apart from that, this is the best e-commerce script on the market. Oh, and the pdf invoice needs a nicer look too.
Joomla V3.5.1
Virtuemart V3.0.16