News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Is there a way to print item "GTIN number" on the invoice?

Started by rage76, July 08, 2017, 09:49:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rage76

The implementation of GST in India has brought in a lot of statutory changes. We are now required to print the HSN Code (harmonized code) of each item on the invoice. So I was thinking I can create a language override for GTIN and use it for storing HSN code of item.

But the question is how to print it in the invoice? Any ideas or better suggestion?

J 3.7.3 / VM 3.0.18

rage76

rage76

rage76

I desperately need a solution for this. Anyone out here?

Ghost

Create a template override for invoice and modify it to your liking. If GTIN is not available in data, use product model or DB query to get it.

loppan

I would totally recommend ARTIO VM invoice if you're
not comfortable with coding, their extension makes it extremely simple
to customize the invoices to your liking and add any info you need on them : https://www.artio.net/virtuemart-tools/vm-invoice-generator

rage76

Thanks dear Loppan

I am using Artio VM Invoice. Guess I need to ask their support on how I can accomplish this !!

Dear Ghost, thanks for your response, but I do not have the expertise to do what you are suggesting.

loppan

Quote from: rage76 on August 03, 2017, 10:00:51 AM
Thanks dear Loppan

I am using Artio VM Invoice. Guess I need to ask their support on how I can accomplish this !!

Hmm, I had a closer look and with Artio's VM Invoice you're not able to add the GTIN on the invoice by default - strange, I thought they had everything :). I would definitely explain the situation to the developer and request this feature, though. Perhaps it will be mandatory in more countries eventually....

AH

It is a shame that you are using Artio invoices - it is simple to add this to VM core invoices
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

rage76

Quote from: AH on August 03, 2017, 13:15:24 PM
It is a shame that you are using Artio invoices - it is simple to add this to VM core invoices

Dear AH, I am not using Artio Invoices for just this purpose. I am using because it gives me a lot of flexibility and ease in designing the invoices that I was unable to do via the core VM invoices. Although I agree it is quite do-able in Core VM too !!

rage76

In case there are others like me who would like to add "HSN Codes" to each of the product, the easiest easy way to do it is through VM custom fields. But I am facing an issue with this method;

The custom field shows on the product page. I donot want it to be visible on the product page and would only like to show/print it on the invoice. If someone has a solution to this, kindly guide me suitably.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ghost

Add something to 'Position' field in your custom field.

rage76

Quote from: Ghost on August 04, 2017, 09:08:02 AM
Add something to 'Position' field in your custom field.

You mean anything random? Strangely, it does work. seems like a good hack. Hope it wont interfere with anything else !!

AH

The model has been adjusted to allow product fields to be included in the order view - when the next release is available you will be able to display the GTIN

$item->product_gtin
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0