News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Is it possible to run php retrieval on post_payment

Started by wbyers, July 07, 2017, 18:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbyers

Is it possible to run php  data retrieval from our on post_payment in vmpayment/standard/ override? I ask because it's beginning to look like my only alternative may be to set up a new plugin that has the ability to display the data I need.

AH

It would be helpful for people answering if you could specify what you want to do
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

wbyers

We're trying to post a list of the user's orders on the post payment page. I'm asking because I think at this point our only alternative If we can't is creating a new payment plugin that does what we want. I'd really like to avoid fiddling with that.

Jörgen

Why not display a link to the user page that already displays this? There may be other options. Maybe include code from the orders view?

Regards
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

wbyers

That's a thought. You think I could get away with inserting stuff from the orders view? Like I could call that stuff from the price landing page and it wouldn't be an issue? and will the landing page handle an sql call? That's the real issue.
I've looked at the stuff for our order views stuff It's too localized to port over.

Ghost

Have you tried editing order_done layout of cart view? You could use Order model's getOrdersList function to get user's orders.

wbyers

Yes, Yes I have tried editing order done, it doesn't work. I have to use the override of post_payment.php for vmpayment/standard. And when I use php functions from anywhere in postpayment. It doesn't end well.
Is there anyway I could do this that doesn't include making a brand new pluign in vm_payment for it?