News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Update from 3.0.18 to 3.2.2 error - Call to undefined method VmTable...

Started by biltong, July 05, 2017, 17:19:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biltong

Hi,

I got an error updating VM from 3.0.18 to 3.2.2 using the Joomla Extension Installer method.

The error message is "Call to undefined method VmTable::checkTableExists()"

This occurred on installing the update file 'com_virtuemart.3.2.2.zip' - see attached screenshot of the error message.

Using Joomla 3.6.5, to be updated as soon as VM is updated.

Any ideas please?

biltong

I tried the installation again and it worked this time, so hoping everything is alright.

Screenshot of installation success page attached.

Milbo

Will be okey then. This happens, when a "system" plugin loads the vmconfig, before the installer started the vm config, and so the wrong paths are set... to the old installation... So the installation misses new functions of vm. Installing it over again is the correct way.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

biltong

Thanks Milbo - glad to know nothing has gone wrong. Everything seems to be working fine now!

maintanosgr

Quote from: Milbo on July 05, 2017, 21:11:47 PM
Will be okey then. This happens, when a "system" plugin loads the vmconfig, before the installer started the vm config, and so the wrong paths are set... to the old installation... So the installation misses new functions of vm. Installing it over again is the correct way.

Hi,

sorry for resurrecting a dead thread. However I just faced the same situation but not after an upgrade. We just installed a onepage checkout plugin and we get the same error after submitting the order and getting redirected to success page. For various circumstances we can't reinstall virtuemart to fix it or upgrade it as suggested in this thread.

Is it possible to manually fix this issue?

Best regards,

maintanosgr

Never mind I'm answering my own question. CheckTableExists was added in a later version as I noticed on the repo. I just added it to the VMTable class and it was fixed.