News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Make a banner span the whole length

Started by divined, July 02, 2017, 09:07:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

divined

Hello everybody

I have a banner placed at the Top-Position of my site. I would like it to take up the whole length of the page. This is the site if it helps: www.gpb.gr

Thanks, in advance

Jörgen

You could try to add this css:
.banneritem img {
   width: 100%;
}
Or make Your banner 1280 px long.

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

divined

Thank you for the reply.

My problem is where should I place this and the specifics of the css code? Is the .banneritem the name of the module published on my Joomla site and should I add it the to the template.css of my default template?

Best regards!

Jörgen

It should work whwn placing it template.css Just try it out, the site will not explode  ;)
I usually place all css changes in an extra include file (if provided by the template) or last in the pemplate.css file. Easier to maintain. If I use the template.css file I make a copy template-custom.css. That I can use when it is time for an update of the template,

Jörgen @ Kreatuv Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AH

@kelvyn

Users no longer need to use firebug (and probably should not bother with it anymore) as both chrome / firefox  come now have very good native support for reviewing and manipulating a page.

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

jenkinhill

The instructions for using Firebug are easier to follow.  ;)
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum