News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bug in PayPal Express

Started by Alexanderz, June 27, 2017, 20:26:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alexanderz

I have correctly configured PayPal Express payment, just to go beside the notes (in the shopping cart).
You only see the logo, but I do not even have the option to select it. Why?

I noticed in the release 9583, from the changelog I noticed these changes

- new Paypal Express logo

I think the bug was created after this release. it's possible?
I also noticed that I can not choose paypal logos. Indeed, even inserting them into the folder, I can not view them from the backend ...

VM 3.2.3 9587
Joomla 3.7.2

Milbo

I am just in contact with them. They said to me I should use the new logo and the new logo is the old button as before. Maybe we should add an hint?
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Alexanderz

If this can fix the bug, you can try it.

I also noticed another bug in the products. Always if you have the PayPal Express enabled, you go to place that horrid writing, close to the price of the product!

jenkinhill

In the VM default template the PapPal strip logo is shown above the prices, but you are just seeing the image alt text.

For VM default shipping plugin there is a switch to show/not show the ship method on the product details page, but there is no such switch in the PayPal plugin. The logo can, of course, be removed from the display using css or by editing/overriding productdetails/default.php
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Alexanderz

So how should I do to fix these two bugs?
However there are errors in virtuemart, because analyzing this with firebug :

this link "src="https://www.paypalobjects.com/WEBSCR-600-20100105-1/it_IT/IT/i/bnr/bnr_horizontal_solution_PP_178wx80h.gif"

does not exist.

So it must be correct. But for this error how should I do it?

It should be under "Paypal" and without image. Instead, it goes down and damages the "total" section,

Alexanderz

I contacted the developer of the template (free) and told me that these two bugs of PayPal Express are due to virtuemart and not the template. Is there a chance that these issues will be corrected in the next release? It is very important for me to use PayPal express.

thanks

Alexanderz

To be sure of the bug, I did a clean install of Virtuemart (VirtueMart3.2.2_Joomla_3.7.0-Stable-Full_Package + 9587), installing only sample data. I've updated to the latest release and the problem is always there. So it's just a problem with Virtuemart.
Nobody has answered me anymore ... So now I ask you, the bug I reported, is it correcting it in the next version or not?

thanks.

Milbo

I work on a new version. I send you my skype contact and then contact me there, thank you.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Alexanderz