News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Cannot Send Email to Shopper and Vendor

Started by kentcheung2000, November 19, 2016, 01:20:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kentcheung2000

Joomla 2.5.27
Virtuemart 2.0.26
Php version 5.3

I am unable to receive emails in the vendor and shoppers end...I went to the configuration's checkout and select all in the default order status email to senders and vendors.

However,  I am able to send and receive in the joomla contact us.

Is there anyone who can resolve this problem for me?...Thanks.

KC

Studio 42

Hi, try if you can send other mails in Joomla else check your main joomla config.
But best is to update Joomla+virtuemart.

stAn99

hello, this is the most common issues with the emails:

- first as stated above, make sure that emails work at all - for example by using joomla test email (at general config) or mass email to super administrators, sometimes SMTP is quite tricky (joomla's smtp does not support your own CA chains and thus some 3rd party sites are not properly recognized and joomla refuses the send the mail -> to fix this make a global CA chain for PHP (in php.ini) that includes your server's certificated and it's chain). some types of encryption are not supported at all by joomla smtp handler
- php's mail function should be rather avoided as it's the most attacked function in joomla (to disable it, you can remove /usr/sbin/sendmail in context of your site, so that SMTP is always used) + logging of the php mail function helps to discover many hidden control files uploaded by malicious attackers
- DNS related - sometimes emails work for local domains, but they do not work for remote domains, especially those with the new TLDs or purely on IPv6

Virtuemart related
- the most common problems with Virtuemart emails is the setup of the configuration -> email page (older VM: configuration -> checkout)
- recent VM versions may not send emails for Pending status in some cases and thus make sure that all payment methods got 'confirmed by shopper' or other payment status by default
- 3rd party extensions -> whether the email is send or not depends on the update of the order status from the payment method, not the VM core and thus depending on how and when the payment method calls this function your emails will be sent or not:
-- this can get fixed by the 3rd party provider on request, so he adjusts the code:
---- forces the default status of the order before the payment is processed (with attribute to send email and VM will then follow the config at the Email tab)
---- forces the updated status with the correct attribute after the payment is processed, held or cancelled
-- to test if your email issue is payment-plugin related, you can enable "standard" VM core payment method and configure it to use default status of "confirmed by shopper" and see if you receive the emails
- Virtuemart vendor configuration issues and DB inconsitencies: Virtuemart may not be able to send your email if your vendor user (shop owner config at Shop section) gives errors and the user is not properly linked to all tables.
--- to fix the vendor related issues you may see Shopper section in VM and make sure you mark a user with a full address as "user is vendor", visit the Shop section and check if all the details are correct and save
- VM+payment related: in VM3.0.18+ make sure you choose a proper accepted currency even when you already chose a "default currency"

Further considerations
- when using a deprecated VMEE, it modified VM core file which can supress sending emails (via it's own queue) and if you want to test the emails on core VM you may need to restore your /components/com_virtuemart/helpers/shopfunctionsf.php
- other email extensions override JMail or other email-related classes and to find the problem you may need to disable them to see if it fixes your problem

best regards, stan
----
RuposTel.com
www.rupostel.com
Your customized checkout solution for Virtuemart

kentcheung2000

Thank you for your help.  I just found out my vender email has to be the same as the email in the global configuration email.  I am able to send and receive email.   

akublik

Hello, I have the same problem but only whith a differentent payment method (in my case payu latam), If I select the standart payment I recieve the mail notification. I have checked all the configurations and everything its OK.

Any idea?

Im using:
VirtueMart 3.0.18
Joomla 3.6.4

jenkinhill

Probably your payment plugin is not returning a confirmed order status to VirtueMart. Check the status on the orders page.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

akublik

Hi yes the status is pending, and in the Default Order Status to send email to shopper and vendor all is selected, what can I do?   

jenkinhill

If there is no way to configure the payment plugin to returned status then the developer should fix it so that it works. A pending status indicates to VM that no payment has yet been made.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

ruisdb

Quote from: kentcheung2000 on November 23, 2016, 18:34:06 PM
Thank you for your help.  I just found out my vender email has to be the same as the email in the global configuration email.  I am able to send and receive email.   
Hello.
I am using Joomla 3.7.2; VM 3.2.2.
The joomla global email is ok (using smtp).
I use the standard method of payment. And paypal.
I had problems sending emails to the customers and vendors. And when i make the vendor email identical to the global email everything is OK.
Is there any other way to do this?
I manage the joomla website and am not interested in receiving all the "comercial" emails from VM.

K&K media production

QuoteThe joomla global email is ok (using smtp).

Maybe restrictions by your email provider? There are some providers who disallow other email addresses.

ruisdb

Thank you for the suggestion.
I created different email addresses within the smtp and it worked ok.