News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

partial payment and consignment stock

Started by sorema, June 20, 2017, 07:48:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sorema

good morning,
i'm using  virtuemart since 5 years for my ecommerce and now we are selling wholesale also. wholesale customers would pay the products splitting the payment in parts and i have to achieve those 2 options:
1)
1st payment on 30 days 2nd part on 60 days 3rd part on 90 days.
2)
they pay a down payment (maybe a 30%) on order and the remaining part on delivery or on x days (assuming delievery would take x days)

is there a way to do this with virtuemart?

i also have to sell some items on consignment stock. so the customer receives the goods but pays only the sold ones.
it looks like a "strange pending order" but i don't know how to manage it via virtuemart  because not all the items are sold on consignment..
can anybody help?

thank you in advance

aftertaf

I need the partial payment thing too...
:)

Sent from my ASUS_Z017D using Tapatalk

baggeler

Im interested in solving such a situation, too.
Any suggestions, existing plugins or configuration tips?

BTW, Consignment stock is merchandise which is sent to and stored at the customer location but which is owned by my company. The customer is not obliged to pay for the merchandise until they remove it from consignment stock.

In oter words:
- Consignment is only available to a specific shopper group (of course) and would make sens that they need aproval by shop owner but this is optional as the group is restriction entough.
- Products are "ordered" by a wholesale customer but not paid
(Would be nice to have a payment method available which would keep track by tracking a list of consignment products value which I guess could be solved with just an additional payment status "consignment").
- If product is sold in consignment, the reseller makes a (maybe partial) payment by selecting the products sold and changing the status from consignment to sold), now normal payment method is used and product is removed from clients/reseller consignment stock.

Thats it.

Is there any ready solution or configuration for this?

Thanks in advance,
Bernhard

Site: www.orgonite-brasil.com
Tech: Joomla 3.7.3,  Virtuemart 3.2

mikidudle

I too need an answer to this.  Did no one ever answer you on this issue?
It's a requirement of my project that customers can pre-order an item, pay %25 up front (non-refundable) and pay the rest upon shipment of the item.
Anyone?