News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Attention for users of Virtuemart excel-like product manager from holest.com

Started by Nikanor, June 16, 2017, 17:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nikanor

I am one of ex users of holest.com product named "Virtuemart excel-like product manager", after google (gmail) blocked attached zip archive with the purchased component (see attached picture) and after the technical support operators from siteground hosting company blocked my web site until I uninstalled this components from Joomla.

I had only two ways, one to contact holest.com company to solve this problem or to uninstall this component .

I have contacted this company and say about the problem and they say me that the best solution is to uninstall this component without to try to solve the problem with their component or to give me my money back.

They said me that they have scanned my site by virustotal.com but this was a lie, they cant scan it while hosting provider have blocked my site and after uninstalling the component I have go to make scan on the virustotal.com and there was no notice that my site was scanned in the past while on virustotal.com when you scan a site they remember last scanned time and every time make an report about last time your site was scanned.

I asked about infected zip archive with their suspicious component and they give me an ironic answer: "maybe you have infected it with your zip archiver"  ;D its funny, they think I am stupid and I can believe that I can infect an received attachment on gmail server!

At finally, I get this answer: "We can not accept your problem as something that is our responsibility."

This mean: Someone buy some application and after this application fail to work, and you get answer from seller (without attempt to solve the problem) that best solution is to uninstall this component without to give your money back!

The code of this component is very huge and I have not time to spent to check or solve the problem without the help of the company who created this component.

After a bad and very insolent communication from the holest.com company and after consultation from technical support from my host provider I start to doubt in some injected malicious code in the component which have access to our user database, e-mails passwords and other.

I just want to warn users of this component sold by holest.com to check the code in the entire component if they have the ability to find the suspicious code.

Jörgen

Sorry don't get me wrong.
If you got the warning from gmail that the archive was blocked. Why did you install it? Did holest tell you to do it?
I am not defending holest. I just want to make sure that there is no doubt about what actually went wrong. Selling infected code should not be something that a serious business would do. I would assume that Holest is a serious company.

Regards
Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Nikanor

Hi Jörgen,
you ask me why I installed ignoring google-s warning: I installed it direct from link given in the e-mail and I have not take a a look to the attached file, so I have see this when I search all e-mail from my account to find e-mail from holest.com and then I have saw this warning... As you said: "I assume that Holest is a serious company" - I have too assumed same as you before happen this what I have described in first post but now I have no doubt in their Seriousness.

You can never be sure of one's seriousness until you get the experience, reading someones portfolio and show their good designed web site, this don't mean nothing I you don't hear references of users who  used their service, most of them sell untested components and when coming to give you support and debugging they say that all works ok and you must check PHP, server, and other without to try to see were is the problem with their component.

I have bad experience with such serious "companies" and after bad support I must uninstall their components...

Jörgen

Hello

OK, You were not 100 % observant and missed the varning message. I can understand that when You get the link to install from. A fair minded Company would without hesitation refund You for this case or send You a new copy which would be free of virus.

Sorry to hear about Your bad experience.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.