News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Product category problem

Started by bpos, June 15, 2017, 21:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpos

I have latest version of 3.7.2 and 3.2.3 VM.  I have been testing around to make sure all functions work. 

However I did add a new product and the "product categories" tab will not update. Once product is created and saved then the product category goes back to blank.

Oddly enough if you use the "save and close" rather than "save" tab it will keep the product category settings. I also notice that the ID numbers are acting strange. Once I save the product it does not show up in the list of products unless I do an ID order shuffle. Then it will show at the top of the page again?

Hard to tell if this is a database issue?

Please advise

jenkinhill

What PHP version are you using?

Latest VM3.2.3 is VM3.2.3.9579  released 3 days ago - http://dev.virtuemart.net/projects/virtuemart/files   Is that the one you are using?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

bpos

Using PHP version 5.6.25.  My webhost does not use 7.0 yet.  I just tested the theory of using php version 7 (on my local server) instead of 5.6.25 and it made no difference product category saving. Still does not save the product category.

I was not aware of the latest update 3.2.3.9579 ? Does this new update address the product issues?

bpos

Ok I just upgraded to 3.2.3.9579 and using php version 7.0

Made no difference. Really strange. Seems like its the "save" button causing all the grief. If you delete a existing category listed in the "Product category" box and hit "save" it will not delete. If you change categories and hit "save" it will not change. But if you hit "save and exit" it will change and show the change in the product listing. Now if you happen to go back to that product and look at the change it will show that it did not change categories. Its like the whole thing does not want to update. I have a few cloned products that have categories already saved and those wont change. Adding a new product has even more issues as they don't want to hold category changes on some custom fields.

Most all other information and images saves fine. I have cleared cache.

Any thoughts?

Jörgen

Hello

What web browser Do You use ? Could be an JS issue. Old internet explorer can really mess upp adding categories. Hitting F5 after adding ONE category seems to work.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

bpos

That does appear to help. Not sure why the the ID number list jumps around after adding information to a product but overall I think that may have solved the input issue.

Thank you

Jörgen

Hello

Glad that the workaround is working for You. Crazy isn´t it ? What IE version Do You use? If I use IE 11 I get this irratic behaviour, but using Firefox it works as expected :)

Have a very nice day

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

bpos

I use IE 11. I tried google chrome and it seems to be better.

Jörgen

Yes IE11 does not like this code. With firefox it works. Haven't tried Chrome.
Regards Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

mcw1225

Im experiencing the exact same problem, but in Chrome and Firefox too!

Using:
Joomla! 3.7.2 Stable
PHP: 5.6.25
VM: 3.2.2

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

m.davide82

I still have this problem on a website, how did you solved it?

Thanks,
Davide

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

m.davide82

VM 3.2.4
J. 3.7.5
Php 7.0.22
Apache
cgi-fcgi

Thanks,
Davide

Jörgen

Hello

What template do you use in backend? Isis or something else ?

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x

m.davide82

I'm using isis, the default one.