News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Allow Administrators to change the current Shopper

Started by ghardin, June 04, 2017, 20:17:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghardin

Joomla 3.7.2 and VM 3.2.2

My client needs the ability to enter orders for some of his customers and then he will invoice them on an open account basis.  I cannot find out how the  "Allow Administrators to change the current Shopper" is supposed to work.
In my mind this SHOULD work as follows:
My client logs in (he is setup as a vendor), goes to the store and selects the products his customer wants (customer is a registered user and shopper on the site).  Then he should be able to select that customer from some sort of drop-down on the cart page and place the order.
But I have tried various setups in the configuration of VM and cannot get this to work.  When I get the drop-down that I assume would be where I can select the desired shopper, the only thing that is shown is the main vendor for the store (my client) and nothing else.

Can someone explain in detail the steps I need to do to make this work?  I have searched this forum and the net in general and cannot find anything that explains exactly how this is supposed to work.

Thanks

K&K media production

You are Superuser?

Maybe multi vendor enabled and not your customers?

jenkinhill

Turn on Allow Administrators to change the current Shopper. Put product required into cart and login as superadmin. Title "Change Shopper" appears and select box for shopper is to the right of the search. Select shopper and save. The New shopper address etc is not shown ready for admin to complete sale.

The image is from the default VM templates - if you use overrides they may not contain the code for this function.

html image hosting
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum