News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

How to translate image descriptions in multilingual shop

Started by Hester, June 01, 2017, 12:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hester

Hi,
I have a two language shop (English & Spanish). Language translations works fine, except for image descriptions.
I can choose language switch in product admin, but only one description is shown and it keeps the same both in product image tab and front-end
Any idea?
Sorry, I run VM 3.0.18 in a Joomla! 3.6.5.
Thanks for your help!

K&K media production

You can define complete images for different languages. On the bottom of the image settings there is a config to choose on whitch languages the image should be visible.

Hester

Thanks, but then I must duplicate every single image, so one is shown in English with the English image description and a duplicated one for Spanish with the Spanish image description???
Images are the same in both language, is there any way to JUST translate the image description without having to upload again every single image???

jenkinhill

Use the Search for images facility at the top of the product image page to find the image you want, click on the image, enter your relevant subtitle/description and save. No need to upload the images again.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

K&K media production

QuoteUse the Search for images facility at the top of the product image page to find the image you want, click on the image, enter your relevant subtitle/description and save. No need to upload the images again.

No this solution is not multilingual. Each image can only have a title/description in one language.

QuoteThanks, but then I must duplicate every single image, so one is shown in English with the English image description and a duplicated one for Spanish with the Spanish image description???
Images are the same in both language, is there any way to JUST translate the image description without having to upload again every single image???

Yes, you need it for each language. But you don't need the image file multiple times, you can go to shop->medias and add additional images with same file path.

Hester

Thanks a lot K&K, maybe this would be a nice feature for future realeases!