News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Coupons on line Item Cancellations not being reflected

Started by wbyers, March 30, 2018, 15:22:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wbyers

Okay, so recently we've discovered some add behavior from virtuemart when cancelling line items that coupons have been applied to The total no longer reflects the fact that coupons were used and instead displays the full price they would have paid instead. You can see an example attached to this topic, is there anything that can be done here to ensure that the total still reflects what was actually paid by the consumer for accurate bookkeeping?

jenkinhill

Some of the coupon code has been changed for the latest release, now available for testing, see http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=139652.0
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

wbyers

Thanks, but from the change log it doesn't look like the coupon interaction with cancelled line items has been changed. This is the specific Issue we are having, when the total is recalculated after a line item cancellation the coupon is not taken into account.  Specifically Something is wrong with the coupon calculation when one is doing a item by item cancel and as a result the coupon is not being applied properly when individual order items have been cancelled. This means if you got a coupon or gift certificate that gave you the whole thing off, cancelling by the item would result in the cert or coupon being reflected in the recalculation on the order total.
We're using joomla 3.7.2 and virtuemart 3.0.18. I've talked to the AWOdev people because I'm using there coupon product and they've told me:
Quoteseyi      5 days ago0

Yes.  I have tested this on a Virtuemart 3.2.13 site without AwoCoupon installed.  I added a normal coupon and checked out.  Then when to adjust the order in the backend and checked the calculate button.  It does not take the coupon into account.  So this is a Virtuemart issue.
So it looks like the 3.2.13 version before this doesn't solve the issue, and what I looked at on the version notes for the most recent release didn't suggest that this issue has been fixed yet either. has it, or is there a release in the pipeline? The really weird thing about it is that the coupon code still exists it still stores the discount in the DB, it just doesn't seem to apply it.