News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Main categories list does not display in french langage

Started by julos0877, May 28, 2017, 16:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julos0877

Hi All,

I'm become crazy with this issue. I'm trying to create my categories in VM. Main categories are ok but when I want to create a sub category, the main category list does not work and display no categories.
The problem appears only with french langage, I tried with other langages and all is ok. I deleted the vm translation pack to get the component only in English but also not working.The problem is coming when I change the langage of complete Joomla!.

Maybe somebody can help me.

Joomla 3.7.1 and VM 3.2.2

Thanks in advance.

julos0877

I found the issue, the web browser keep in cache the result of the main cateories list. So now the issue is that we must clean cache each time we create a new categorie to see it in the main categories list.

Where can we disable this?

Thanks in advance

jenkinhill

Clearing caches is an issue that is easily solved using a simple Joomla plugin,  https://www.regularlabs.com/extensions/cachecleaner

That solves the problem as it can be set that all caches are cleared whenever a save or save & close is made in the backend. Cache problems don't just affect VirtueMart and I now install the plugin in any Joomla site I am developing. 
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

julos0877

Many thanks jenkinhill. After cleaning the website and reinstall all, the list is now updated after category creation, but I will test your trick.