News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Updated PHP Version - Virtuemart Broke

Started by oneyozfest182, May 27, 2017, 13:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oneyozfest182

Hey all; I've gone ahead and updated my server to the latest version of PHP, and now my site won't work right. Whenever you're viewing product categories, the links to view the detailed product page no longer work. Example at http://priorityeyewear.com/order/priority-collection/

Server Info:
Server              OS Linux b
PHP Version         5.6.30
MySQL Version       5.6.32-78.0-log
Caching             Enabled
Gzip                Enabled
Joomla! Version     3.6.5
Virtuemart Version  3.0.18

jenkinhill

I can go straight to the product details pages from the category lists without any problems. Maybe you have a browser cache issue?

Latest PHP version used on hosts would generally be 7.0.19   PHP7.1.0 was released in December 2016 but there are significant changes from 7.0.x that have caused issues with many Joomla components, including VirtueMart, and other software packages, so it has not been adopted by a significant number of hosts yet.

Current VM version is 3.2.2 (with 3.2.3 under advanced testing) and latest Joomla version is 3.7.2

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

edthenet

I had first updated several of my sites to PHP5.6.30 and everything worked fine. Now i have updated them all to PHP 7.1.2 and everything works like a charme.
I must say that i have my own hosting server which i have optimized for Joomla! hosting for my clients websites.