News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Change css for price description

Started by divined, May 26, 2017, 13:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

divined

Hello everybody

I changed the length of the product short description in components/com_virtuemart/sublayouts/products.php to 200 characters. The product short description is now nicely showing on the product category page.

Unfortunately, the short description now falls on top of the price section. I found the relevant css section using Firebug on my page but I don't know which source file and <div> to alter in it. I'm using the defauilt vmbeez3 template.

Could someone please point me to the relevant css?

Thanks

jenkinhill

One way is to add a suitable margin-bottom to p.product_s_desc  either by making an override of vm-ltr-site.css or adding the style to the end of the VMbeez personal.css file.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

divined

Nah.

Setting the bottom-margin to auto did nothing. Maybe it has to do with the padding property, since it relates to the text in the element.

divined

This is how it currently looks and I have to admit it's ugly!

http://divined.homenet.org/sample.png

jenkinhill

A margin of auto would do nothing. If margins are confusing then try seeting a suitable min-height to p.product_s_desc   or in your override of products.php add a clear after the desc paragraph.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

divined

Thank you!

I used the min-height property and presto. Nonetheless, before I set this property I ran some experiments with the bottom-margin. Nothing worked although I tried values ranging from 20-80px. How does this bottom-margin work for inner elements?

I understand that bottom-margin for a root element means the distance from the bottom of the page. How does it work regarding the product_s_desc?