News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Product detail page broken when updating virtuemart.

Started by Funtshirts, May 24, 2017, 11:35:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funtshirts

As the title says: Product detail page broken when updating virtuemart.

I added a screenshot of how it looks.

I made a back up so my site is fixed now, but i hope someone can still tell me what causes that problem..
I did already update to Joomla 3.7.1. :(

My website is: www.funtshirts.nl
I use Joomla 3.7.1
Virtuemart 3.2.1
PHP 7.1.5

GJC Web Design

try with "Display Subcategories in product detail" checked in vm template admin

posts on here about it from memory
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

fastpat27

Hi, I also have this problem, rest of site seems ok but product pages don't display.

Error is:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC FROM `#__virtuemart_products` as p LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_products_en' at line 1 SQL=SELECT p.`virtuemart_product_id`, `l`.`product_name`,virtuemart_product_id DESC FROM `#__virtuemart_products` as p LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_products_en_gb` as l ON l.`virtuemart_product_id` = p.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_product_shoppergroups` as ps ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `ps`.`virtuemart_product_id` LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_product_categories` as pc ON p.`virtuemart_product_id` = `pc`.`virtuemart_product_id` WHERE ( `pc`.`virtuemart_category_id` = 26 AND ( `ps`.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id`= "1" OR `ps`.`virtuemart_shoppergroup_id` IS NULL ) AND p.`published`="1" ) AND p.`virtuemart_product_id`!="178" AND virtuemart_product_id DESC <= "Black Sunflower Seeds" ORDER BY `p`.virtuemart_product_id DESC LIMIT 1

Is this a virtuemart error or caused by template? I was running Joomla 3.6.5 / VM 3.2.1 and trying to update to VM 3.2.2 and then J3.7.2

Thanks for any help

FP

johnkont

I have the same problem.
Occurs only if you have subcategories in the category where is the product you viewing.

Downgrade to 3.2.1 and wait for solution.

Funtshirts

Well i indeed have the subcategories there, but I actually dont want that. How do i remove them??

fastpat27

I have subcategories in most categories but I have one category with one product and a direct link to that one product, that product page still has the error. Is this confirmed as a VM error then and not a template problem. So do we need to revert back to Joomla 3.6.5 and VM 3.2.1 until the development team fix it on the next update?

Is the security issue in J3.7 only and that J3.6.5 is still secure?

Thanks
FP

Milbo

Quote from: fastpat27 on May 25, 2017, 16:09:59 PM
Hi, I also have this problem, rest of site seems ok but product pages don't display.

Error is:
You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'DESC FROM `#__virtuemart_products` as p LEFT JOIN `#__virtuemart_products_en' at line 1
Fixed in vm3.2.3
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Funtshirts

fastpat27

Great Milbo, I'll get updating tomorrow and hope that sorts it, thank you

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member