News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Remove logo 3.2.1

Started by divined, May 20, 2017, 08:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

divined

Hello everybody

I'm trying to remove the default 'virtuemarkt - istraxx' logo which is being displayed on every page of my site. Is there any easy way to remove it from the backend or do I need to dig in the code?

Thanks

George Papadopoulos

jenkinhill

I'm guessing that you have installed the VM/Joomla stable full package. That contains the VM version of the Beez3 Joomla template, VMBeez3, for people to use as a starting point for setting up their own store. What you are referring to is the site logo assigned to the template, which is  joomla-root/images/stories/virtuemart.png  - all you need to do is to replace that image with one of your own choosing. You can do this using FTP or possibly through you server cPanel file manager.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

divined

divined

One further question on this.

What if if want to totally disable it? Do I need to change a <div> element somewhere in the template code?

jenkinhill

This is not really a VirtueMart question. The logo is a background image so just renaming it or deleting it will remove it, or you can edit the template's css to remove the background style.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

divined

Dear Sir

Simply removing the png file does not remove the placeholder that it occupies on the page. Which css template should I modify, in order to totally remove it?

AH

This is not  a VirtueMart question.

Change the template or refer to general questions regarding Beez3 template of joomla
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0