News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Custom field type M (image) not show in cart

Started by henry_osn, June 26, 2017, 17:22:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

henry_osn

Hi,

I have a custom field type M (image) with a list of options. But when selected any option, it is not shown in the cart.

Detail, I have another custom field, type string, which works fine.

Cart Attribute: Yes
Cart Input: Yes
Default value: 16;17;18;19;20;21;22;23;24;25;26;27;28;29;30;

Admin only: no
Is a list?: yes
as radiolist: yes

Example: http://seupetart.com.br/comprar/tela-detail

Joomla. 3.7.2
VirtueMart 3.2.3.9587

Any idea?
Thanks.

jenkinhill

Is the custom field set to layout position addtocart ?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

henry_osn

In table virtuemart_product_customfields, the customfield_value field is filled with NULL.
And the customfield_params field is empty.

It's correct?

Milbo

Henry, you completly ignore the screenshot of your cart, which I sent you some days ago, which SHOW the selected image.

Your problem is different. As I said,... I clicked on an image,.. then there appeared a button ON the image,.. then I clicked this button and was directly redirected to the cart, which had the right product with image.

So the question is for you:
- Why selecting a colour does directly add to cart
- Why there is no add to cart popup
- prevent that someone can add a product without selected image

The images itself are shown. Furthermore you do not explain the complexity, that you want to have 3 groups of media, but you can only select one.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

henry_osn

Hello Milbo, I did not receive the screenshot, but anyway the issue is not the image of the product but the image of the texture chosen.

My project is about choosing sizes and textures and the latter does not work well.

You probably have not gotten to the cart but rather to step 5 where the texture along with the upload image are shown via jquery, which is just a simulation.

Answering two questions.

- Why choosing a color does add to cart
Not is the cart but the preview step.

- Why is there no add-on to cart popup
Because there is step 5.

- prevent that someone can add product without selected image
Only protection is disabled to facilitate testing.

For easy, I send screenshots.

"Also, you do not explain the complexity, you want to have 3 media groups, but you can only select one".

In fact, I have a media group, which is displayed in 3 views.
Need is a customer requirement. He wants the site user to choose between a color or two texture groups for his canva and for the sake of identification, the medias needs to be separated.

I hope everything has been clearer now.

Thank you again.