News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Order Comfirmation email sent when user registers (order not placed)

Started by SoTrue, May 10, 2017, 15:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SoTrue

Hi All,

I'm working on cleaning up a very messy site inherited form a previously developer. The site was initially using the Joomla registration rather than the VM registration (the site has been getting lots of spam sign ups). Thus I've switched it over and noticed the captcha wasn't appearing. I've read up on that and as a temporary measure switched to the 1.0 version. On testing the form I was able to successfully register and received a registration email, however I also received an order confirmation email - which is odd. This is a new registration and an order was not placed. I even checked in the backend and there is not an order.

Is this a configuration issue? Could anyone advise what might cause this? I've searched but have not found anything related to too many emails being sent, they normally refer to emails not being sent at all.

Thank you in advance
D

jenkinhill

Never heard of that before!   Crappy template? Have you checked with Protostar?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

SoTrue

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 10, 2017, 15:51:20 PM
Never heard of that before!   Crappy template? Have you checked with Protostar?

It definitely is - I'll have a look with protostar and feed back the result.

SoTrue

OK - So I deleted the account I had created, switched to Protostar and attempted registration - The state dropdown was not working. Switched back to the Clients template the dropdown is working. Registered as a new user again and guess what - only the registration email was sent this time.

I really need to persuade the client to change thse templates - she has 2 shops using the same template and they are an absolute nightmare. Haha.

Thanks Jenkinhill - I know there wasn't really a fix but if you hadn't reminded me to check the default I probably would have carried on searching for a problem which may have been a one off. Who knows. :)

Thanks again
D

SoTrue

Ok, this problem seems to be back, I'm guessing it was just a coincidence that it stopped after switching templates a couple of times.

Can anyone advise which file contains the information regarding the Registration emails/Order Emails. I'm guessing something has been messed up be the previous developer while customising the installation.

Regards
Donna

SoTrue

Ok, This may have been related to the fact that there was not a payment plugin enabled - I'm not sure how or why this has occurred, I guess only the client will know that. Once I enabled the payment plugin, the order confirmations are no longer being sent.
Regards
D