News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Warning CAPTCHA not working in ask question

Started by Nicola1008, May 08, 2017, 18:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nicola1008

Hi, can someone please help me?

I'm using "Google ReCaptcha" in the "Ask a question" of Virtuemart but there's a problem. If users try to send a mail without check the Google Recaptcha no warning is showing to told a user that he have to check the captcha.

The warning (that told users to check the captcha) is showing under the page, as you can see in this picture:

PLEASE anyone can help me? (sorry for english)

jenkinhill

Works fine on my test site. Check that the language constant:  PLG_RECAPTCHA_ERROR_INCORRECT_CAPTCHA_SOL   has been translated, or create an override (it is a backend constant).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Nicola1008

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 08, 2017, 18:39:28 PM
Works fine on my test site. Check that the language constant:  PLG_RECAPTCHA_ERROR_INCORRECT_CAPTCHA_SOL   has been translated, or create an override (it is a backend constant).

Hi, thanks to reply me but I think you haven't understand the problem. The constant is translated but the warning message (as you can see) is "not visible" and is not on the same page as the form. I would like that the warning is showing at the top of the form, like in this image for example:

jenkinhill

This is what I see with Default VM Templates with VM3.2.1 and J3.6.5 on the ask question form.  If using overrides have you tested with Protostar?

image hosting services
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Nicola1008

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 08, 2017, 23:43:30 PM
This is what I see with Default VM Templates with VM3.2.1 and J3.6.5 on the ask question form.  If using overrides have you tested with Protostar?

image hosting services

I'm using a paid template so maybe the devoloper use ovverrides that I don't understand. What file can I have to replace to get the default view as in the image you posted? Thank you!

GJC Web Design

QuoteI'm using a paid template

then any decent templater will help you with this problem...
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Nicola1008

Quote from: GJC Web Design on May 09, 2017, 10:58:04 AM
QuoteI'm using a paid template

then any decent templater will help you with this problem...

ok but my support is not available anymore so... maybe anyone can help me

jenkinhill

Quote from: Nicola1008 on May 09, 2017, 11:06:02 AM

Nobody can know what changes to the default code your template developer made in his overrides.  If he followed normal methods then is is possible that just deleting the override for the ask question form will work, as it would force VM to use its default template. Look for a directory at templates/[yourJoomlaTemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/askquestion   - if present then rename that directory, eg to askquestion2, and see if that fixes it.

If you have no template support then how do you manage essential (security) updates to Joomla/VM that may require changes to overrides?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Nicola1008

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 09, 2017, 11:54:57 AM
Quote from: Nicola1008 on May 09, 2017, 11:06:02 AM

Nobody can know what changes to the default code your template developer made in his overrides.  If he followed normal methods then is is possible that just deleting the override for the ask question form will work, as it would force VM to use its default template. Look for a directory at templates/[yourJoomlaTemplate]/html/com_virtuemart/askquestion   - if present then rename that directory, eg to askquestion2, and see if that fixes it.

If you have no template support then how do you manage essential (security) updates to Joomla/VM that may require changes to overrides?

You are definitely right but my boss can't spend other money for the support.

I've tried to follow your directions but it seems that if i don't check the CAPTCHA the mail is sent as id it was checked

bortolani

Nicola,
the captcha not displayed problem is usually caused by a javascript error in another script.
Open the debug console of your browser and look for a javascript error.
With some luck you should be able to understand which script causes the error and possibly remove it.

Bruno

jenkinhill

if i don't check the CAPTCHA the mail is sent as id it was checked

I seem to recall that was sometimes seen in an older version of VirtueMart - what version of Joomla/VM are you using? You have not mentioned those.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Nicola1008

Quote from: jenkinhill on May 09, 2017, 22:15:28 PM
if i don't check the CAPTCHA the mail is sent as id it was checked

I seem to recall that was sometimes seen in an older version of VirtueMart - what version of Joomla/VM are you using? You have not mentioned those.

Joomla version: 3.6.5

Virtuemart version: 3.0.8.1

Thank you!

Jörgen

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

Nicola1008

Quote from: Jörgen on May 19, 2017, 12:55:08 PM
Hello

Your VM version is insecure.

Quote from: Nicola1008 on May 19, 2017, 11:26:05 AM

Virtuemart version: 3.0.8.1

Thank you!
read
http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=118683.0

Regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Yes, I know... but first I want to solve this recaptcha problem and after update virtuemart

jenkinhill

Quote from: Nicola1008 on May 19, 2017, 12:57:03 PM
... but first I want to solve this recaptcha problem and after update virtuemart

The ReCaptcha issue in older versions was fixed in later versions. So the fix is to update.................

And elsewhere you say your VM version is 3.0.6.2! The recommendations given still apply to 3.0.8.1   http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=137525.msg481582#msg481582
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK