News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Bulk Attributes with Pricing Changes?

Started by wheat, May 02, 2017, 06:47:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wheat

Howdy, I'm revisiting an old site that I had worked on back when Virtuemart was at version 1.0.13a, yeah that old.  Anyways, nice to see how much Joomla and Virtuemart has matured!

Now I realize that a lot of things had to change under the hood to make it do the things that it does.  However, the Attribute List of a Product in the older VM no longer seems to apply to the Default Value within the Custom Fields of a Product.

VM old (using commas as option separators)
Select One,Aqua,Green,Orange,Red,Gold[+10],Silver[+5],Bronze[+2]
This will create a drop down menu next to the Product and the Product price will be increased by the amount within the brackets.  This was great!

VM 3 (using semicolons as option separators)
Select One;Aqua;Green;Orange;Red;Gold[+10];Silver[+5];Bronze[+2]
This too will create a drop down menu next to the Product, however the brackets and numbers within will also appear as part of the drop down options.

Is there something I am missing?  Am I just using the wrong syntax or is this still a work in progress?

I realize for certain that this is possible by individually expressing this within the Product's Custom Field -> Custom Field Types, however I have a large number of products all with a multitude of options with price differences.  It wouldn't be nearly as efficient as mentioned before.

Sorry if this is a repeated question, but I've been looking for a solution for just over a day; I'd like to know I've exhausted the possibilities.

Thank you!

Studio 42

wheat

That migrator is cool, however when I need to add new Products, I'll would still prefer being able to add a bulk of options to newer custom fields in as few steps as possible.  I've also noticed there is the Custom Fields For All extension, however it appears that there too is not a way to add a multitude of options without arduously adding each one separately and continue the same to each product.  I will email them directly to see if there is some option to do so.  Otherwise, any other replies? Thanks!

Studio 42

You can use Simple VM3 Product Cart Variant Custom Field / Attribute Plugin [ FREE ]
See : https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=127362.0

wheat

Looking thru Google and Joomla's Install from Web reveals no actual download link. Sorry. I really am having difficulties finding this extension.  I see many links to the discussion of this plugin as of only last month too.

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

wheat

YES!!!  Thank you! Yes, very similar and simple as it should be as the original VM1 Attributes.  Thanks everyone for that!

AH

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0