Main Menu

Cart as a Guest Shopper

Started by mcintyro, May 01, 2017, 18:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mcintyro

Joomla 3.7.0
Virtuemart 3.2.1
PHP 7.0.18

I am having an issue that I cannot work my way around.  I have 4 products configured on my store.  I visit the product link *as as guest* and add to cart - I get the modal popup box continue shopping or view cart.  I select the "view cart" option and the product has not been added to my cart.  I notice the cart module also shows £0.00 and no products.  I have the store configured so that only registered members can check out and require registration at checkout.

When I am logged into my site as a known user the cart works - I can add the products - they immediately appear in the cart module and if I select view cart I can see the products listed.  So my question is how can I get the cart to behave for unregistered users - its effectively a club membership I am selling so I need a guest to arrive - add the product to their cart, view the cart and then checkout completing the registration as part of the process.

The shopping cart only works if I login first which is not what I need.

Many Thanks
Ross

mcintyro

Some deep troubleshooting using the Debugger with Micrososft Edge showed this to be an issue with EU Privacy Plugin - it was set to use Mootools and was blocking the behaviour of the cart as a guest.  I changed this to be jquery and removed cache + cookies on the site + browser and all is well.

AH

Thank you for the updated - most templaters try to remove mootools from the front end of joomla and watch out for plugins that attempt to use them.
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0