Re: Language overrides not working in invoice email subject

Started by behemoth, April 28, 2017, 12:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

behemoth

Spotted something unusual - I don't know if this is a bug.
I think these were the recreation steps I took:

I'd been amending the invoice layout and changing the status of a test order to get it to send an email.
At one point I changed the status to cancelled, and then later back to confirmed.
The shopper recieved an email with the title "COM_VIRTUEMART_MAIL_SUBJ_SHOPPER_F"
Realising this was an untranslated string I looked up the constant within overrides, but there was no such constant there.
When I checked the order statuses I see that F is completed.

I speculate that there's some code that generates an untranslated string from the order status but that it was never presumed that F could be one of them. I appreciate it would be an unusual circumstance, but it happened to me. If a vendor accidentally set an order to cancelled and back again the shopper would receive a very odd email.

Jörgen

Hello

The status F is in my system Fakturerad (Invoiced) and You could have a paymentplugin that uses this status for some function. If the status is set then the language string is fabricated by VM. I Think this has to Do with Your payment system not with VM. Check what F stands for. The status must have been set for order.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

StefanSTS

The language variables for status D and F were missing in the core translation.
They will be added.

STS
--
Stefan Schumacher
www.jooglies.com - VirtueMart Invoice Layouts

Please use only stable versions with even numbers for your live shop! Use Alpha versions only if you know what risk you are taking.