News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Child products unselectable since update to 3.2.1

Started by super_dave, April 28, 2017, 10:34:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

super_dave

Hello,

Been a while since I used the VM shopping cart, figured I'd liquidate some old merchandising shirts. I'm having an issue with products that have cart select able children in a dropdown menu. The issue is the drop down field is displaying, but when you select a child from the drop down it doesn't change the product to the child and allow it to be added to the cart.

They're setup to display the parent and have select able children, and used to work before the update. I forget what VM I've updated from, but suffice to say it was at least from 2014 - 2015.

I have the generic child field setup, and child products under the parent (going off the old setup here, which again used to work).

Generic Child Field parameters are;
Show title: yes
Published: yes
custom group: please select
Cart attribute: yes
Cart input: no
searchable: no
layout position: ontop
admin only: no
hidden: no
display parent: no
parent orderable: no
show price: yes
use ajax in browse: no

Parent item and children setup pretty standard.

Tried creating and assigning new fields, tried setting up different parents and children, nothing is working for this. Single products with no children can be added to the cart, so the basic cart functions are working.

Browse for yourself in the two shirt designs I have:

Any ideas and help would be greatly appreciated. Of course I can setup single products for the different products and size, but to me that's a horrible option.
Is there a new and different way to have children select able from the drop down list with a different custom field?

Thanks.

jenkinhill

You have a template problem. Forcing the use of Protostar (ie not using your template overrides) causes the child products to be selectable.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

super_dave

Thanks. You're correct and efficient as always.

May I ask you to edit your post to remove the URL? I'm always a little extra paranoid for security and don't like people know what software I run ;).

Thanks again.