News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Issues after updating to Virtuemart 3.2.1

Started by alain1, April 25, 2017, 19:55:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alain1

Hi Folks !
I've got issues after updating....

-In the frontend, all the products appears, but when i click on someone, this message appears "sorry this product have not been found"
I've clear the cache of the browser and the Joomla cache in the backend : no way; nothing change

-In the back end : all the products had disapears...
I've tried to use the database tools "update and optimise the database" in virtuemart : nothing change
I've cleared the cache : no change
I've changed the Languages menu/options : no change
I'v deactivated the cache plugin, the language plugins : no change...

Note : my Joomla installation is up to date, very clean, and very simple : no fancy plugins or hasardous components, mysterious hacks from third party, or something weird hidden in the core code...

What's going on with this "upgrading" ? Upgrading virtuemart is so "randomly" and dangerously surprising...
How to solve theses issues ?
Joomla 3.7 , Virtuemart 3.2.1 and PHP 7.0.7

GJC Web Design

your signature says J3.7..  VM has not been fully tested or released yet for J3.7... maybe this is the problem

you don't say what u upgraded from?  also all VM versions ending in an odd number  are not intended for production sites

any upgrade should be first tested on a site clone in any case so problems can be found and fixed without affecting the live site
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

alain1

Quote from: GJC Web Design on April 26, 2017, 00:02:23 AM
your signature says J3.7..  VM has not been fully tested or released yet for J3.7... maybe this is the problem

i've the same issues with the previous versions of Joomla.
I've made the joomla upgrade after, and all the problems still remains...

Quote from: GJC Web Design on April 26, 2017, 00:02:23 AM
you don't say what u upgraded from?  also all VM versions ending in an odd number  are not intended for production sites
any upgrade should be first tested on a site clone in any case so problems can be found and fixed without affecting the live site

So how to downgrade to the 3.2 version ?

GJC Web Design

I assume just reinstall 3.2.0 - these sub versions are unlikely to have table alterations big enough to affect the previous version .. but test first
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

alain1

Quote from: GJC Web Design on April 26, 2017, 12:05:57 PM
I assume just reinstall 3.2.0 - these sub versions are unlikely to have table alterations big enough to affect the previous version .. but test first

i've re-installed the 3.2.0 version....problem remain....
Now i'm in bad trouble.....