News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

VM3.2.1: Loads of Warning & Notices showing although error reporting off

Started by nordmograph, April 26, 2017, 11:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ukfish1

Hi

I'm using VM 3.2.2 and Joomla 3.7.2 and getting the same errors

the code on line 23 in components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit_address.php is slightly different to that mentioned earlier in this thread. What needs replacing in this version of VM please?

Thanks

Paul

Milbo

Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

GJC Web Design

just replace the line containing the addStyleSheet() function

with

vmJsApi::css('vmpanels');
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Matejko

Hi, I have the same problem ... after joomla fell after updating the VM3 extensions, I have a few problems ... In the customer registration (https://foxylady.sk/index.php/sample-sites/editaddresscartBT) the error warnings: 
Warning: Illegal string offset 'relative' in /home/jc016400/foxylady_eshop/libraries/cms/html/html.php on line 620

In the Line 23 is already this: vmJsApi::css('vmpanels'); so where is the problem?

Also it does not work Rewriting some untranslated phrases in Extensions - Languages - Rewriting ... when I type the search value, searching froze and I get this message: Error while executing the ajax request.

I'll be grateful for every advice ...

PHP 5.5.13 Joomla 3.7.3 VM 3.2.2

Matejko

So the solution follows:
You must change not only the code on line 23 in components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit_address.php, but also in the template .../templates/.../html/com_virtuemart/user/edit_address.php

Milbo

Quote from: Matejko on July 12, 2017, 16:04:51 PM
So the solution follows:
You must change not only the code on line 23 in components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit_address.php, but also in the template .../templates/.../html/com_virtuemart/user/edit_address.php

Right and wrong. You must ONLY change the layout in your template. This is what we call an override. The core file should remain original. If you rely on modified core files, you have always trouble updating.

So this
.../templates/.../html/com_virtuemart/user/edit_address.php

Disables this
components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit_address.php
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Matejko

I didn´t change in the core file anything, only in template ... Every advice before was about this file - components\com_virtuemart\views\user\tmpl\edit_address.php and as you write, it´s not the file ...
I must say, that this all, all problems I still have after the updates VM extension, isn´t our fall or stupidity. I worked on my web 3 months and after this stupid updates I have always new and new problem, I must pay for advice, because I´m self-taught person and I´m not IT. So, thanks for all developers VM.

jenkinhill

I think you use the Elise template. This was apparently updated about 10 days ago to work with current VM versions. I found this update as I was asked to help fix a site using another template from the same template supplier. Their issue was different, though.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rafser

Hello everyone

I'm new with VM and in php.

I'm using Joomla! 3.8.1 and VirtueMart 3.2.4

And I get the following error, could you please help me in a simple way explaining what file and code must be edited and what to replace?
I truly appreciate any help, thank you so much.
Bet regards

https://...com/component/virtuemart/user/editaddresscartBT?Itemid=0

Warning: Illegal string offset 'relative' in /user/home/public_html/site.com/1/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php on line 626
Warning: Illegal string offset 'pathOnly' in /user/home/public_html/site.com/1/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php on line 627
Warning: Illegal string offset 'detectBrowser' in /home/rafser/public_html/site.com1/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php on line 628
Warning: Illegal string offset 'detectDebug' in /user/home/public_html/msite.com/1/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php on line 629
Warning: Illegal string offset 'relative' in /user/home/public_html/site.com/1/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php on line 632
Warning: Illegal string offset 'detectBrowser' in /home/rafser/public_html/site.com/1/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php on line 632
Warning: Illegal string offset 'detectDebug' in /home/rafser/public_html/site.com/1/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php on line 632
Warning: Illegal string offset 'pathOnly' in /user/home/public_html/msite.com/1/libraries/src/HTML/HTMLHelper.php on line 635

HTMLHelper.php : 626-635 ???
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
         $options['relative']      = isset($options['relative']) ? $options['relative'] : false;
         $options['pathOnly']      = isset($options['pathOnly']) ? $options['pathOnly'] : false;
         $options['detectBrowser'] = isset($options['detectBrowser']) ? $options['detectBrowser'] : true;
         $options['detectDebug']   = isset($options['detectDebug']) ? $options['detectDebug'] : true;
      }

$includes = static::includeRelativeFiles('css', $file, $options['relative'], $options['detectBrowser'], $options['detectDebug']);

// If only path is required
      if ($options['pathOnly'])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jörgen

Hello

Please don´t cross post.

This does not clearly look like a VM problem. Errors in Joomla files.

Using Commercial template ?

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

rafser

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

rafser