SOLVED Add to Cart and Country/State Dropdowns-jQuery chosen for dropdowns in FE

Started by kendall.hackney, May 03, 2017, 05:38:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kendall.hackney

Hello all,

I have scoured the forums and have had this problem for days. The problem is, I can fix both problems, but not at the same time. When I have Use jQuery chosen for drop downs in FE checked, the country and state drop downs work fine. However, with Use jQuery chosen for drop downs in FE checked, after I select a variant, the add to cart option does not pop up. Vice versa when I uncheck Use jQuery chosen for drop downs in FE, the add to cart works but the country and state drop downs do not work. I have tried to use Use external google jQuery library instead of jQuery chosen for drop downs in FE but that does not work either.

Any help with this matter is greatly appreciated.

https://fullmetaljuice.net/

Joomla 3.7.0
Virtuemart 3.2.1

NOTE: jQuery chosen for drop downs in FE is currently not enabled

Jumbo!

It is a problem created by your Joomla template. You can not use jQuery Chosen plugin which this template as it has its own JavaScript to change the style of standard dropdown select list. This template script also does not work when the page is refreshed over Ajax.

You will need to hide the effect of the template script to fix this issue.

Open - templates/shaper_megadeal_ii/css/custom.css

Add the following codes after all existing codes in the file.

.product-field-display > select.vm-chzn-select {
    display: initial !important;
}
.product-field-display > .sp-select {
    display: none !important;
}

Save the file. Clear cache of your browser. Now reload/refresh the page to see the result. This will resolve your problem.

P.S.: I can also see few other issues in your site which are due to outdated codes in your template. I would suggest that you switch to some other template from a template developer who understands VirtueMart better.

kendall.hackney

That worked. I am very grateful. I also appreciate your advice on the template.I will definitely start looking for a better solution.