Category Filter problems after upgrading from 3.0.18 to 3.2.1

Started by raydekker, April 26, 2017, 06:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raydekker

Good day, I'm experiencing issues in the backend when I go to my VM products section.
Here I filter out products I want to look at usually by selecting the category filter but now: it's EMPTY.
What I'm saying is that when I click on the category filter dropdown there is nothing in there but however... The categories ARE in fact there (going to VM > Product Categories) and my shop runs fine in the frontend.
It runs fine untill I click on "save" in a product and then it deletes the category from the product... (Category is still there in VM > Categories)...

I've tried to empty (trunkate) my database tables related to the products and categories but this does not change anything.

I've spoken to someone else too experiencing the same problem so it's not just my system with possibly corrupted (manually modified) files.
These problems just started after updating Joomla to 3.7.0 and VM to 3.2.1.

Hope someone can help and experiences the same issues.

Joomla version 3.7.0

Jörgen

Vm 3 is AFAIK not compatible with Joomla 3.7.0.

This could explain Your problems.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

raydekker

Thanks Jorgen! That would indeed explain the problem, I'll restore my backup taken before updating and leave Joomla as it is... So only update VM.
But still, shouldn't it be compatible? I understand if it is a proper upgrade as in from 3.x to 4.x or something that it might and usually will cause issues but this is just an update.

jenkinhill

I am testing VM3.2.2#9508 with J3.7 and categories show OK in the selector.  Also OK on VM3.2.1 and J3.6.5. There are some styling issues affecting the VM BE in J3.7 due to changes in Isis css so it is not fully back compatible for several extensions.

The Joomla bug tracker suggests that J3.7.1 is not going to be far away!
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

raydekker

No, I've restored by site's backup (Joomla 3.6.5 and VM 3.0.18) and ONLY updated Virtuemart + VM AIO and the same problem :O
So the problem sits somewhere in Virtuemart 3.2.1 and my system.

So the initial problem is that the dropdown menu for Category filter stopped working after the update (in VM > Products) But the categories are in fact there.

mmm... interesting ;) For now I went back again to VM 3.0.18...

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

raydekker

php -v gives:
PHP 5.6.30-0+deb8u1 (cli) (built: Feb  8 2017 08:50:21)

raydekker

Ok, I've just updated PHP5 to PHP7.0 (quite a webpage load time improvement off topic! amazing!).

So I've got Joomla 3.7.0 and VM 3.2.0 at the moment.

Same story, NO category filters :(
So in VM Products, I click on the category filter but nothing shows up...
However when I click on Manufacturer filter next to it, that one does work all ok...

See screenshot

GJC Web Design

GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

raydekker

Yes I've tried VM 3.2.1 and 3.2.0 but both the same issue.
Can't figure out what is wrong.

GJC Web Design

Hmmm ... just did an upgrade to J3.7/VM3.2.1 and interestingly in English admin the cat dropdown was there but not in Dutch

Only Dutch is enabled in VM and it is the default J lang

fiddling with the lang fallbacks as in the screen (but also updating to the latest testers VM3.2.2_9522 - maybe that did it..  :(  ) and the cats reappeared in Dutch
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

raydekker

mmm... yes that is interesting.
I'm glad at least you're having the same issue.
In our case, we've ONLY got English (en-GB) installed in Joomla and that is also the default VM language, I double checked.
I haven't played around with multiple languages, but maybe I can create a test site and add another language to see what happens...

Thanks for the reply.

raydekker

Could this have got something to do with it? Happens after updating VM 3.0.18 to 3.2.1.
I don't think so as it's only for the menu item creation which is already there and seems to work.
Just wanted to share to be a 100% sure...

Error
The alias com-virtuemart is already being used by COM_VIRTUEMART menu item in the menu (remember it may be a trashed item).

Warning
Error building Administrator Menus.

jenkinhill

Quote from: raydekker on May 04, 2017, 02:25:40 AM
Error
The alias com-virtuemart is already being used by COM_VIRTUEMART menu item in the menu (remember it may be a trashed item).

Warning
Error building Administrator Menus.

That is related to the installation of VM menu module in the Isis template in J3.7 backend.  It is caused by an unexpected change of meny type in J3.7  Not likely to be related to the wierd category issue.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Milbo

Quote from: raydekker on May 04, 2017, 00:03:28 AM
mmm... yes that is interesting.
I'm glad at least you're having the same issue.

It is not an issue. You run in fallback mode, vm3.2.2 has the solution for this problem.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member