News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Adding more than 6 products causes issue

Started by woodzy42, April 19, 2017, 01:38:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodzy42

I'm creating an initial product category and currently have 6 products in that category / 6 products total.
Upon creating the 7th product, in the same category, in no category, or a new category the site gets locked up and will not load more than half  of a screen/window. The site will no longer function in that same browser window; it merely continues to try to finish loading but does not finish.
I can close the window, go back into the site in a new window and everything appears to be OK. Trying to access that 7th product however fails; I can access other products without issue. I've tried to clone an existing product but get the same results.
Virtuemart 3.21 Joomla 3.6.5
PHP Version   5.5.38

johnkont

It seems your browser problem.
Clear all cache, try another browser.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

woodzy42

Thanks for the responses

Yes, primarily using Chrome
I have seen Chrome trying/unable to connect to acy?.com

Internet Exploder 11 hangs with "a long running script" stopping the script doesn't help as it will just start again; does not work well, can't save or paste / incomplete saves in full editor

Edge browser does the same.

I have looked back through the modules and plugins etc.
  found that the VM products was disabled, so I enabled it
  enabled system cache
No differences noted.

jenkinhill

unable to connect to acy?.com

Probably AcylMailing component causing issues? Maybe that's the script issue?

It sounds like your adding products could be a cache issue. Leave all caches off until site is complete and running OK. As Chrome has been reported to cause cache issues when adding/checking content I make it a rule to always install Regular Labs Cache Cleaner on new sites. Then every time an edit is made and saved the caches are flushed.

IF cache cleaner does not work for you then try turning on VM debug.

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

woodzy42

Cache cleaner didn't resolve anything.
I have reinstalled virtuemart (in the following order)
com_virtuemart.3.2.1_ext_aio
com_virtuemart.3.2.1
com_tcpdf_1.0.2
Issue persists, browser continues to try finish page load, endless.....

Enabled debug - doesn't show any errors(?) results in attached image.
I am stuck.

Thanks for your assistance.

woodzy42

:(
The lack of any developer based assistance is very disappointing.
I have since moved on to another platform - J2 Shop, which so far, is a much better out of the box experience.