News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Hide categories from front store

Started by vlasmar, April 22, 2017, 08:53:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vlasmar

Hello

I have a problem with category view. I can't hide it from the shop front. I deselected it at Virtuemart Home page settings. Also I deleted the line from l-engineering.gr / rosmarino.gr / joomla / templates / ot_naturalcosmetics / html / com_virtuemart / virtuemart / default_nocats.php.

if ($this->categories and VmConfig::get('show_categories', 1)) echo $this->renderVmSubLayout('categories',array('categories'=>$this->categories));

But I can't find where to put the path to read the php file in virtuemart.

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

vlasmar

Sorry I didn't know. I have Joomla 3.6.5 and Virtuemart 3.2.1

LeonZ

Same problem here, just noticed it and tried to disable but no luck. Same Joomla and Virtuemart version.

LeonZ

OK, follow up:
Go to category in the backend, there is a tab Virtuemart category view settings. In my case it was set to use default. When I set this to no the categories disappear from the front view. I have set the default to no and for some reason it does not see that and I have to overrule per category.

Leon

jenkinhill

Three places to set the category view/layout:

1. Joomla menu configuration on VirtueMart Category View Setting tab
2. In VM Configuration/Templates/Shopfront Settings
3. On Virtuemart category view settings tab for each category.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

vlasmar

Thank you very much for your responses. The first choice from jenkinhill's post did the trick. (Joomla menu configuration)   ;D ;D ;D

chbrandt

I'm having this same problem and can't seem to find option number 1 above, Joomla menu configuration on VirtueMart Category View Setting tab.  I found this tab within each category but can't seem to change a setting that removes it from my storefront. 

Joomla 3.7.0
VirtueMart 3.2.1

Thanks
Chris

chbrandt

Can anyone help with this?  I'm still getting the category names and pictures (or lack of pictures) showing up above my products on my store, but only when I'm not logged in.  For some reason, when I log in to the store, these disappear as wanted.

www.askc.org/store