I started of at VM 3.0.18. When I was playing around with multi language in VM I noticed that as soon as I set the dutch language as the second language, the product and categories where empty. So I removed english to see if that helped and solo go dutch. It didn't. Then I changed it back and did some toggling again. At some point there was aVM notice box at the top after doing a "save" that notified me of making some language specific VM tables, but it didn't solve the problem.
Now when I setup multilanguage in Joomla and assign all the neccessary things, it seems that the product categories inculding the products are all still gone. Something I didn't expect due to the above which made me think this multi language joomla setup would fix it. The only option I have is to put it all back to English but I need to go dutch primarily. It didn't make any difference to update to VM 3.2.1. So I start adding all categories manually due to the probability I wasn't capable of fixing this myself, but then I stopped as of this moment at the first category because it might do more harm in the end due to duplicate alias when I found a support tip from any of you guys here. I wonder how to get back at least the categories and to do the repair. The products where demo products anyway. My template is Joomlart's megastore. Currently not supported above 3.0.18. I love the template design but I hate their late updated templates.