News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

ACL bugs VM 3.0.16

Started by accessvirus, April 17, 2017, 15:02:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

accessvirus

::Manufacturers::

• Give super admins full access.
  • Login in normal and incognito mode with Chrome. One for super admins the other for administrators.
  • As super admin Turn OFF "ACL and options" for administrators.
  • Give administrator acces for the following in ACL:

• Manufacturer access
  • Manufacturer edit
  • Manufacturer create
  • Manufacturer delete
  • Manufacturer edit state
  • Manufacturer category manage

When trying to add a manufacturer category, there is no option to add one. When trying to change a manufacturer category, I can click one but I can only CANCLE it and not SAVE it. This save button seems to be set to the same if/else group as the ACL button & options for VM. So when enableing that, it shows the SAVE button for the manufacturer categories.This means super admins need to make the categories now and administrators (in my case) can only add manufacturers, not add categories)

::Tools::
Tools & Migration access set to DENIED in administrator level still gives access to administrator level and shows it's main menu item together with Control panel, help topics, forum and about.

::VENDORS::
ACL > Manage Vendors. Grant access or denied access do not do anything.
Jack of all trades with a specialization in Branding, Graphic- & sound design

jenkinhill

VM3.0.16 is a year old now, there have been a lot of bug fixes and enhancements since then. Please try VM3.2.1   (on a backup of your live site, as you may need to make minor template edits if using overrides, and there are more configuration options to check).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

accessvirus

I was thinking about that, the problem is. I use a Joomlart template called Megastore and they don't seem to update several things wen I do that. They tell me to stay on this version untill they update it.

Stuck in between for probably a long time.

jenkinhill

One of the reasons I do not use or recommend Joomlart templates for use with VM. But you could try it on a copy of the site, at least to see if your ACL issue is fixed. Milbo has described the template edits that may be required in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136826.msg478498#msg478498

I hope that you have at least updated your Joomla to J3.6.5 as soon as the security issues were announced, as a common hack of older J! versions is to screw the ACL permissions.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

accessvirus

Thanks for your help. I take it into consideration since I find many problems indeed with updates. To much template that have problems on my end. Seems it's best to do custom work anyway. Or what template builder do you recommend?

And yes, I updated to the latest Joomla. I use watchful.li to push updates.

jenkinhill

For VM it has to be templates from https://www.olympianthemes.com  - always up to date, as the template developer is also involved in VM development.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

accessvirus

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 17, 2017, 17:52:45 PM
For VM it has to be templates from https://www.olympianthemes.com  - always up to date, as the template developer is also involved in VM development.
Thanks! I will take a look into this with my client. The problem I face now is that the current client already seen JA Megastore and we both spoke about positions and branding the whole shabang. Well, it's worth considdering it since it's more stable for future.

accessvirus

I ran into an issue, do I have to make a new topic for it?

When I was playing around with multi language in VM I noticed that as soon as I set the dutch language as the second language., the product tables where empty. So I removed english to see if that helped. It didn't. Then I changed it back and did some toggling again. At some point here the VM notice box at the top at "save" sayed it made some VM tables.

Now when I setup multilanguage in Joomla and assign all the neccessary things, it seems that the product categories inculding the products are all gone. The only option I hae is to put M back to English. It didn't matter when I upgraded VM to the latest version 3.2. So I start adding all categories again but stopped as of this moment at the first category because it might ruin more due to duplicate alias when I repapir this. I wonder how to get back at least the categories and to do the repair

jenkinhill

There are several threads on this. So maybe add to one of those, I don't deal with language issues.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK