News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Virtuemart 3.8.8 customers and admin not getting order emails

Started by billo007, February 09, 2021, 00:24:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

billo007

New website setup orders are working but not sending a confirmation email to shopper or admin. I check email settings and it is set to send email Default Order Status to send email to shopper and admin to all. I tested the ask a question form and it is being received if order status is updated it is sending an email. I am lost as to why the orders are not being sent with a confirmed status when the order is placed

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

billo007

Confirmed, I think it is having issues with paypal plugin and IPN as i am getting many responses from paypal. Also when I confirm an order status manually the emails go out correctly. As is shown in the attached image getting numerous cofirmations from paypal luckily it's only actually charging once.

balistreri

but how can we do it when there are so many orders? it will take forever

AH

Quotebut how can we do it when there are so many orders? it will take forever

You should not have to if IPN messages are being sent correctly by PayPal and your server host is letting them through to your domain
Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

Jörgen

There is also something wrong with Your language string, there should be only "Comment", not "Please write Your recommendation..(min %s, max %s characters)".

Does not have to do anything with Your problem, but broken language deklarations have given trouble in the past.

Jörgen
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.