News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Multi Variants - error messages!

Started by Gingerweb, April 12, 2017, 12:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gingerweb

I have looked through so many help videos and forum issues and i have setup numerous VM sites with variants and all sorts but i cant get this to work properly.

It should simple really i am trying to :
Each product has 4 sizes and 3 colours
The prices change depending on the size not the colour
I want to show different pictures for the colours as the colour options are selected.

I have tried both strings and generic child variants but neither will do the above or a combination of the above, so i tried Multi variants.
I have to say instruction is poor to hopeless but i appreciate VM is free so im grateful for what i can use.

I get to a point where i think i am getting there and then get error messages

When i create the Child products within the Multivariants it creates one called scalar - whats that about?

then when i complete variants and use the box with scalar in it and save i get this :

1054 Unknown column 'scalar' in 'where clause' SQL=SELECT `slug` FROM `#__virtuemart_products_en_gb` WHERE `slug` = "black" AND `virtuemart_product_id`!=scalar

if i ignore that box and use the others and save i get this :

Error
vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_products_en_gb Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at product_name for auto slug creation is given 0
vmError: You are not an administrator or the correct vendor, storing of product cancelled
vmError: VmTable #__virtuemart_products_en_gb Check not passed. Neither slug nor obligatory value at product_name for auto slug creation is given scalar

I assume something this simple must be achievable in VM without outside plugins so if anyone can advise i would be eternally grateful. if i can figure it out then i will sort out some proper instruction.

thanks

Gingerweb

I found another post with the same bug listed here for anyone who needs it

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135532.15

I have the latest version of VM as far as i am aware - VirtueMart 3.0.18 but still have this bug which was fixed by the small code change and now the multivariants works.!!

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gingerweb

That will be why then  thanks. Not sure why all my sites are saying there arent any VM updates will clear some cache and check again.

jenkinhill

Make sure to test the installation on a backup copy of your site. There are many changes since 3.0.18
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Gingerweb

Thanks i will.
I have this working really well now apart from the main parent product is displaying "call for price" i could change the text of this but im guessing there is a better way ?