News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Eliminate "Confirm Purchase" Option in Virtuemart 3.2.1 [SOLVED]

Started by pablito88, April 08, 2017, 16:42:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pablito88

I am using Joomla 3.5.6 and Virtuemart 3.2.1

Here is the normal process of my user when buying on my store. - SEE ATTACHED IMAGE

STEP 1. Visit the store, change quantities and click "Add to Cart" - SEE IMAGE #1

STEP 2. On pop up modal box user clicks on "Show Cart" - SEE IMAGE #2

STEP 3. Fill name, phone, TOS, etc and clicks on "Check Out Now" - SEE IMAGE #3

STEP 4. After clicking in "Check Out Now", user will get redirected to the same page but now with a button of "Confirm Purchase" - SEE IMAGE #4

I will like to eliminate either "Check Out Now" or "Confirm Purchase" which are extra steps for my user and they are pretty much the same.

I already visited the link below but none of their solutions solve this problem

https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92103.0

UPDATE

On my installation the delivery is Pick up at the Store and payment is Cash / Debit or Credit Card at the store too.

Virtuemart is only used to place orders.

UPDATE 2

Here is the live DEMO site: http://lposselt.com/

You will see menu to the right I have two stores as I have two vendors.

THIS WAS MY SOLUTION

I had 4 things for them to insert before continue.

1. Name
2. Phone
3. Email
4. TOS

If any of those are required, the user will see "Check Out Now" but if I make all of those NON-REQUIRED, the "Confirm Purchase" will show up instead.

So they all have to be NON-REQUIRED...that's a solution I can live with.

AH

Looks like you have a customised checkout

JS fires to refresh the TOS is checked in base VM templates

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

pablito88

No, is not a customized checkout is just a simple HTML and CSS Joomla template.

pablito88

For me customized means that I change some functionality of Virtuemart.

Meaning I change the HTML, PHP or JavaScript which I did NOT.

It is just a simple clean installation of Virtuemart

The CSS is different, yes, but that should not affect at all how virtuemart functions because CSS is only the presentation, how the website looks, NOT how it functions.

I also tried this on Protostar and the same thing happens, so this is not a template related issue but Virtuemart related.

K&K media production

enable the one page checkout feature and in most cases all is done by JS

vm configuration -> checkout
-> One Page Checkout enabled
-> Ajax for OPC

pablito88

Nope that option was already suggested online in anothe forum but does not works.

I included a picture of my settings.

K&K media production

pablito88

Yes I am putting it online for you guys to see, hold on. 10 min

Jörgen

The cart js actually dependent on some css tags having the correct names. Customized in my eyes is when something is changed either in funtionality or appearance.

Check with the protostar template before You make anything else, if it doesn´t work with protostar, then either some setting, module or plugin is causing problems.

In my case a payment plugin breaks the confirm check of TOS :(

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pablito88

Quote from: Jörgen on April 08, 2017, 18:47:26 PM
The cart js actually dependent on some css tags having the correct names. Customized in my eyes is when something is changed either in funtionality or appearance.

Check with the protostar template before You make anything else, if it doesn´t work with protostar, then either some setting, module or plugin is causing problems.

I as mentioned on reply #3 I already tested on protostar and you can see live site in here: http://lposselt.com/

pablito88

K&K media production

I don't know what you've done, but this is no normal shop configuration. I can checkout without any personal datas and the button said "confirm purchase".

pablito88

Quote from: K&K media production on April 08, 2017, 19:42:51 PM
I don't know what you've done, but this is no normal shop configuration. I can checkout without any personal datas and the button said "confirm purchase".

It is indeed a normal Virtuemart Shop.

The only difference is that I created two Manufacturers and I create different products for each one.

Hence creating two different stores.

Anyways, I already found my solution.

I just wrote it.

Jörgen

If You are using protostar without any significant CSS or DIV changes it works. This I am sure about. Check this thread:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135402.msg471484#msg471484

Testing a totally unmodified version is a very good way to go before You start to change the code. When this works, then it is time to introduce changes.

regards

Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

pablito88

Quote from: Jörgen on April 08, 2017, 19:49:02 PM
If You are using protostar without any significant CSS or DIV changes it works. This I am sure about. Check this thread:

http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=135402.msg471484#msg471484

Testing a totally unmodified version is a very good way to go before You start to change the code. When this works, then it is time to introduce changes.

regards

I found a solution to this problem, I just posted.

It works on all templates I am using, as long as I don't change HTML, PHP or JS.

CSS does not matters in this case, well on this scenario of mine.