News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

Size Chart Button

Started by jimv, April 07, 2017, 17:19:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimv

What is the virtuemart way to show size chart button on product details page. I have been searching for 5 hours with no luck. I have also searched for a module to buy but cant find anything. Please can someone help? Thanks in advance.

Joomla 3.6.5
Virtuemart 3.2.0

aftertaf

are you using product variants and custom fields ?

jimv

I use Stockable Custom Fields from breakdesign. What does that have to do? I mean how is that conected?

Jörgen

Check out the CSS with F12 or use for example Firebug to examine.

Virtemart uses overrides exactly as Joomla, use that method to make an override if CSS doesn´t get it.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

@jimv you want to install a size chart on the product details page? Is the chart an HTML file, eg a table, or an image? Normal way would be through custom fields, or you could create template overrides to show a button  in the location of your choice.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

jimv

I want to show a size chart at product details page. Preferably a picture. You said i can do this with custom fields, can you link me a tutorial or a guide that you have in mind?

jenkinhill

You can display an image using an image type custom field but the image will show all the time.
https://docs.virtuemart.net/manual/general-concepts/212-customfields.html
https://docs.virtuemart.net/tutorials/product-creation/81-product-custom-fields-without-stock-control.html

If you want a button/popup then you will need to look at using template overrides to include the code to do that.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum