News:

Looking for documentation? Take a look on our wiki

Main Menu

VM. 3.0.18 ->VM. 3.2.1 no featured / latest / recent etc. products

Started by Miku, April 05, 2017, 10:32:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Miku

Hi,

After update (VM. 3.0.18 ->VM. 3.2.1) I can't see products as in topic, whether it's a front page or category (albeit it's the same 'category layout' at the moment).

What I determined so far:
1. I don't have any overrides for the template
2. Whether I use general config for 'Show  featured' etc. or for specific category, there's no result.
3. Tested on default PROTOSTAR template - no products...

Did I miss something? (VM. 3.2.1 has different layout settings than the older release).
Is there any other way I can try to investigate this problem?

Thanks in advance
PHP 5.4.25
J! 3.6.5
VM. 3.2.1

jenkinhill

The display/layout settings are much improved and  found in:

The Joomla menu VM view settings tab
On VM Configuration/Templates/Shopfront Settings
On the Virtuemart category view settings tab for each category
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Miku

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 05, 2017, 13:11:19 PM
The display/layout settings are much improved and  found in:

The Joomla menu VM view settings tab
On VM Configuration/Templates/Shopfront Settings
On the Virtuemart category view settings tab for each category
Yes, of course  - but it's not the case..
The case is that despite the setting 'YES' for 'Show featured, Show recent' and so on... nothing happens - regardless it's a GLOBAL setting (VM Configuration) or more specific (tab for each category/menu item)

jenkinhill

And you have them set to show on the VirtueMart category view settings tab in the Joomla menu store item?
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

Miku

Quote from: jenkinhill on April 05, 2017, 15:37:15 PM
And you have them set to show on the VirtueMart category view settings tab in the Joomla menu store item?
Yes, but none of the settings affect the frontend... Now as a long-term user (no-programmer) of VM, I stuck.. Is there any test I can perform in order to find the cause?

Led Hilderink

I am having the same problems. After the upgrade to 3.2, All products are gone and categories are empty. This is both in the frontend as well as in the admin backend.
Anyone solved this already?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK