News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Default VM language

Started by cvrak, April 10, 2017, 11:05:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cvrak

Hi,

I'm creating a 2 language e-shop (Greek & English). I've followed every step for setting a multilingual site in Joomla (multilingual status is ok) & in VM.
The default language for Joomla is Greek.
When I create a category or a product in VM, the default language is English. How can I set Greek for default language?
I use VM 3.0.18, Joomla 3.6.5

Thanks a lot

cvrak

... Continuing from my previous post
The PHP in my server is 5.5.38

jjk

Quote from: cvrak on April 11, 2017, 11:07:58 AM
How can I set Greek for default language?
I use VM 3.0.18, Joomla 3.6.5

Switch the Joomla administrator language to Greek in order to have Greek as the default language when you create new categories or products.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

cvrak

Hi JJk,

Thanks for your answer, it worked!

FYI, another of my sites using VM, without changing the admin default language to Greek, the default language of VM is Greek.
Strange??

Thanks again
Chris

jjk

Quote from: cvrak on April 11, 2017, 14:32:50 PM
FYI, another of my sites using VM, without changing the admin default language to Greek, the default language of VM is Greek.
Strange??
I suppose that one is an older version of VM 3.x. The behavior was changed some time ago. Previously VM always picked the Joomla site (frontend) language as the default language.
Non-English Shops: Are your language files up to date?
http://virtuemart.net/community/translations

cvrak

Quote from: jjk on April 11, 2017, 15:13:32 PM
Quote from: cvrak on April 11, 2017, 14:32:50 PM
Strange??
I suppose that one is an older version of VM 3.x. The behavior was changed some time ago. Previously the VM always picked the Joomla site (frontend) language as the default language.

www.4epoches.com uses VM 3.0.14
www.greecery.gr uses VM 3.0.18

I'm Greek, but personally I prefer to work with English as admin default language since its more "technical" and I'm used to it.
Maybe, there should be an option in VM in order to select VM's default translation for multilingual sites.
I'm a graphic designer, not a programmer, so i have no idea how difficult this would be.