News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

vm pages cache overload

Started by AntFantastic, April 03, 2017, 12:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AntFantastic

Joomla 3.6.5 VM 3.2   I have turned off cache in Joomla, but still get VM caching. The 'pages' cache is on overload and filled 2GB of cache in a week. Don't know what is causing this, but would like to either disable VM cache altogether or setup a daily auto delete?
Any help greatly appreciated, for underlying issue or how to disable VM cache.

Many thanks

Milbo

Please check the Frontend cache and tell us, which files get so big, I mean the directory.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

AntFantastic

The files are all small, but there are a lot of them in /public_html/cache/page/  the domain is sarahscoffeecompany.co.uk

Jörgen

Hello
Are You sure You have turned off caching in Joomla:
https://docs.joomla.org/Cache#Page_Caching

Looks like it could be Joomla page caching ? Should be turned off.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

jenkinhill

If pages are still being cached you should disable Joomla's System - Cache plugin   - this is not a VirtueMart cache, it is a cache that writes a file for each and every page visit. It will cause pages to be cached even if cache is turned off in Joomla Global Configuration/Cache Settings.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AntFantastic

Yes the Joomla cache is turned off but I still get VM cache regardless - see current list below. (you can see the 2440 files in 'pages' created in about 3 hrs.

_virtuemart   133    15.44 kB
com_virtuemart_cat_childs   104    127.62 kB
com_virtuemart_cat_manus   50    13.45 kB
com_virtuemart_cats   2    3.71 kB
com_virtuemart_revenue       2    5.37 kB
com_virtuemart_rss     3    44.21 kB
page   2440    645.93 kB

Have just disabled the System - Page Cache in the plugins directory. Hope that is correct!
Thanks for your help folks!

jenkinhill

And if you want to turn off VM module caching there is a cache option on the advanced tab for each module. Default is "Yes" - on.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

AntFantastic

Milbo

Our caches do not generate soo much data in a short time. and do NOT USE progressive Cache. It is not progressive, it is just nonsense. It does a cache per session, that means your users do not use cache first time visiting a page, so it is like without cache. And yes it generates a looot cached data
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member