News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Language change after update to 3.2

Started by fotonio, April 02, 2017, 12:01:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fotonio

Hi, i have a multilanguage site with 2 languages english and greek.
Joomla 3.6.5 VM 3.2.0

I am testing the VM 3.2 update at localhost. Everything looks ok and faster than before.

Only one strange thing in the backend after the update: I use english as joomla default language in the backend. Before the update products and categories were in greek as it is my default language for VM. After the update i have to switch the joomla backend language to greek to see the products in greek or open the product and select greek translation.
Is this change normal? I prefer to work with english menus in the backend but see the products and categories in greek as primary language. Can be done somehow?

Milbo

You explain perfectly the difference between the both systems. What you do, to use a en, gr shop with en as administrative language but getting gr was not consistent.

When you would administrate in a language which is not set in the shop languages, then you would get gr.

When you use a backend language switcher like https://extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extension/administration/admin-performance/backend-language-switcher/ then it becomes more clear.

The advantage is, that the selected language is also directly selected for product editing. So before you had to change always the language, write the description, store it, next product, change language, ....
Now you change the language one time and you can edit all products in greece. It is maybe a bit stupid for people like you who got used to the mirks we had before. But I think most people agree that it is now more consistent
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member