News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

Redundant order confirming - revisited

Started by David, March 30, 2017, 01:06:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David

This one was widely discussed here https://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=92103.0 - but finished with no solution.
The matter is that in cart, when the order is finalized, shopper must click on Order Now button, only to get the same page where the button text changed to Confirm Order, requiring the shopper to click again to actually issue the order.

Do you guys know how to avoid this - or do you let your customers click twice without apparent reason...?
Joomla 3.8.3, VirtueMart 3.4.2

lindapowers

We use Rupostel One page checkout and there are many others.

We have never used the core checkout.

David

Thanks for the info - I will look for some checkout extensions.

GJC Web Design

QuoteThe matter is that in cart, when the order is finalized, shopper must click on Order Now button, only to get the same page where the button text changed to Confirm Order, requiring the shopper to click again to actually issue the order.

this isn't true, if all the information is filled and correct the button goes to Confirm Order without seeing or having to click Order Now

even if e.g T&C's isn't chk'd or payment not selected when u do, the button changes by ajax to Confirm Order

try a clean install, no over rides
GJC Web Design
VirtueMart and Joomla Developers - php developers https://www.gjcwebdesign.com
VM4 AusPost Shipping Plugin - e-go Shipping Plugin - VM4 Postcode Shipping Plugin - Radius Shipping Plugin - VM4 NZ Post Shipping Plugin - AusPost Estimator
Samport Payment Plugin - EcomMerchant Payment Plugin - ccBill payment Plugin
VM2 Product Lock Extension - VM2 Preconfig Adresses Extension - TaxCloud USA Taxes Plugin - Virtuemart  Product Review Component
https://extensions.joomla.org/profile/profile/details/67210
Contact for any VirtueMart or Joomla development & customisation

Jörgen

I agree with GJG, it works in a clean install. Problems come with template overrides and payment and shipment options. You could try with Protostar and also get problems because one of Your payment or shipment options mess with divs and classes that are used when the javascript runs through the document tree. If it still doesn´t work with protostar, inactivate your payment and shipment options until You find the problem.

regards

Jörgen @ Kreativ Fotografi
Joomla 3.9.18
Virtuemart 3.4.x
Olympiantheme Hera (customized)
This reflects current status when viewing old post.

David

Recently I have disabled (via overrides) access to cart/checkout for nonregistered users (which is OK for me) and now, with logged-in users, I always get directly "Confirm Order" button.
Hopefully it will stay so :)

manub23

From 2011 this issue having no solution ?

Any updates from any place?

Thanks

jenkinhill

It is not a problem for me, works entirely as expected as described in http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=137077.msg479715#msg479715

Although some templates may react differently.
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

manub23

Its not correct. First time in cart, logged in with user details its working fine. Login back to cart again then only one click going to final confirm page. Its fine.

Only issue is when Guest check out / register and check out.

Add to cart a product - then click on 'check out' going to register page (guest / register user) - then coming back to cart page showing cart page with user details at top of cart - then click 'check out' - coming to back same cart page "again" with an alert at top 'Check out done' - Then once again need to confirm to see the last confirmation page and finish process. DOUBLE the last 2 screen. But in case user login at cart page its fine, only one click in cart going to final page.

PHP 7.2.11 for Joomla 3.9.6 with VM 3.4

I disabled the price in VM.

Display modal popup upon 'Add to cart'    - yes
Show related products in the popup    - yes
One Page Checkout enabled    - yes
Ajax for OPC - yes
Enable Automatic Selected Shipment - Shipment Name 1
Enable Automatic Selected Payment -  Cash on delivery
On checkout, ask for registration - yes

Show Prices - No

Any thing I am missing?

Thanks