News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

does VM update reverts the table structure?

Started by mfarooqi, May 24, 2017, 15:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mfarooqi

Hi,
I want to alter order history table. I did the same on my site's older version 1.1.9.
The reason I needed to alter that that "iaox0_virtuemart_order_histories" or whatever that name in 1.1.9 was, I wanted to save tracking number. The number that is issued from Fedex, or usps etc. I couldn't find any otherway to add custom field other than products.

So my question is... will any future update revert back the table structure, and remove all of my data? or my this table will remain in it's form including data.?

Thank you

AH

Updates don't normally modify "new fields" but you cannot guarantee that it will not :-)

I put such things in the "comments" field in VM 1.5 the same field is available in  VM3 is "comments"

Regards
A

Joomla 3.10.11
php 8.0

mfarooqi

That is right to put things in comments, but comments usually contains a number of other informations too, so I use to put custom field which further I use to track things within my website for customers.

so doing only in comments is not so helpful unless (created with predefined rule).

Milbo

Quite simple
The tableupdater updates all columns belonging to the vm core. So when you add a new column it keeps untouched! On purpose for people like you, so go ahead
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

mfarooqi

Quote from: Milbo on June 06, 2017, 13:32:36 PM
Quite simple
The tableupdater updates all columns belonging to the vm core. So when you add a new column it keeps untouched! On purpose for people like you, so go ahead
:) Thanks ... that's professional way of engineering! I like it.  ;)