News:

You may pay someone to create your store, or you visit our seminar and become a professional yourself with the silver certification

Main Menu

Categories problems after update to 3.2.0

Started by Geppux, March 27, 2017, 18:50:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geppux

VM 3.2.0 J 3.6.5
Hi, I made a search in the site about my problem but without success.  After the update to 3.2.0 version I can not assign a category to a new product; I choose a category I click SAVE and the category field turn empty. More over, when I click on the descending category window, there are many empty categories and I don't know why... those categories there wasn't before the update (I enclose a screenshot)... any suggestion?
Giuseppe

Milbo

You have a multilanguage page. Any multilanguage page has a mainlanguage. I do not understand how it happened, but it looks like that your italian language is the secondary language and there is nothing entered in the mainlanguage. You need to check the endings of your language tables. How many suffixes are there? only it_it or also en_gb?
It is interesting mainly people from italy or czech have this problem. Maybe some widespread tutorial in your language missed to point out that it is important to be clear about the used main language and how to configure it, before starting to create products.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Geppux

Thank you Milbo for your answer... actually I have installed both italian (it-IT) and english (en-GB) and italian is the main language. What do you mean with " You need to check the endings of your language tables"?

Geppux

Moreover, when I choose the category it's not saved but if I watch in the products page I can see the choosen category in the category column; in the front end I can see the product in the choosen category... but this only if I choose the category and I click save and exit, if I click only save, remaining on the page of the product, I don't see anymore the product in the front end... suggestions? weird!!!  :o

EsSa55

I have exactly the same issue on my multi-language site.

3.0.18 was fine, 3.2.x not.

Default language is en-GB

My experience is that the addtional category will disappear with a successive edit.

See attached screenshots.

TIA

Milbo

It means that your category is missing the english description
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Geppux

I updated to 3.2.1 but I still have the problem...

Geppux

Actually I solved assigning the category and clicking save&exit, in this way the category is assigned but if I go back in the product page I don't see categories assigned...

Milbo

There is a config, which sets the maximum categories per product for your vendor. Check your vendor/store settings.

Milbo

I just rechecked, it is only active, when you activated the multivendor mode.

Geppux

Sorry, I don't find the config you are talking about...

EsSa55

Quote from: Milbo on March 31, 2017, 10:09:33 AM
It means that your category is missing the english description

All our categories have an English description.

v3.0.18 was no problem at all.

Geppux

I'm inserting new products and what happens is really strange. Sometimes the categories are saved, other times no! for example I created a parent product and the category are normally saved and displayed, then I created a child and the only way to save the child category, as I told before, is to make save and exit, If I have to modify the child I always have to re-insert the categories before save and exit. I have also a product where I can save one category but not another...

Milbo

Did you check if multivendor is activated? When it is activated, please check the setting of maximum categories per product.

When you use different languages, ensure that the category/product has always the mainlanguage. Attention, when your store run in the FE for example in spanish, and you see the Backend in english, you will see the spanish text as fallback, when there is no english text.

bortolani

When creating child products VM shows strange behaviours concerning languages.
As Milbo pointed out it gets confused when you have different combination of languages in FE and BE.

I often have the FE opened in 2 languages for debug purposes and I alternatively use BE in one language or the other .

I still have not figured out what is the best combination to avoid creating wrong translations (I mean children who inherit a wrong language translation).

In many cases after children creation I have to use a tool like VM Batch Edit to cut&paste correct translations into children descriptions or to remove them.