News:

Support the VirtueMart project and become a member

Main Menu

problem after upgrading to Virtuemart 3.2

Started by kiasati, March 25, 2017, 16:21:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kiasati

Hi

after upgrading to vm 3.2 i noticed that no product shows up in the site.
404 error pages comes up when i select a category in the menu.
when i search something, no result..

what is the problem? how can i solve this?

jenkinhill

Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kiasati

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 26, 2017, 15:05:39 PM
You don't give much information, but possibly a language issue. See http://forum.virtuemart.net/index.php?topic=136666.msg478932#msg478932

the frontend language is "persian" and the backend is "english"
i checked VMConfigurtion > Language Settings it was set to "English" (and it worked fine in previous VM version), i changed it to "persian" but the problem still remained..

I checked the product categories and i saw this:

this is becuz i chose persian in the language settings cus when i change it back to english, categories appear fine.

then i checked the database and i saw this:

as you see the categories are defined in english and the persian language table is empty.
i guess this is the problem, if i'm right what is the best way to solve it?

I'm using the last version of joomla and of course the last version of virtuemart.
PHP version: 5.4

thanks..

jenkinhill

You can rename the tables in phpMyAdmin, as described in the link I provided "When your store is setup in italian, you should see _it_it, in case you see en_gb, you must rename the table to it_it." but in your case I think the suffix should be  -fa-ir  (backup the database before making any changes).
Kelvyn
Lowestoft, Suffolk, UK

Retired from forum life November 2023

Please mention your VirtueMart, Joomla and PHP versions when asking a question in this forum

kiasati

Quote from: jenkinhill on March 27, 2017, 12:30:17 PM
You can rename the tables in phpMyAdmin, as described in the link I provided "When your store is setup in italian, you should see _it_it, in case you see en_gb, you must rename the table to it_it." but in your case I think the suffix should be  -fa-ir  (backup the database before making any changes).

yeah.. i got it.. but i gotta do this to all the following tables:
virtuemart_categories_fa_ir,
virtuemart_manufacturercategories_fa_ir,
virtuemart_manufacturers_fa_ir,
virtuemart_paymentmethods_fa_ir,
virtuemart_products_fa_ir,
virtuemart_shipmentmethods_fa_ir,
virtuemart_vendors_fa_ir

is it ok?
and is keeping only the "fa_ir" version of the tables alright?
now my shop is only in Persian language, but maybe i wanna add English language in the future..

what is the best php version to select? my current php version is 5.4

Milbo

Yes, vm only creates new language tables, but does not delete them. Set your shop language just to persian, not english. Use FE and BE just Farsi, then anything is simpel. You can add the english language later and when the english description is missing it will fallback to Farsi.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member