Wrong URLs in spanish and french shop versions since VM 3.2.0. update

Started by jaumearagay, March 24, 2017, 13:03:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaumearagay

I had set the menu items for the main page in every language to what I wanted ("tienda" in spanish and "boutique" in french) instead of "shop" and it worked properly.

Since the VM 3.2.0. update when I go to product categories page or product detail pages I get the "shop" particle instead of "tienda" or "boutique" in the URL having these URLs: "mysite.com/fr/boutique" BUT "mysite.com/fr/shop/cds" and "mysite.com/fr/shop/cds/my-first-cd". The same for main language, spanish:  "mysite.com/tienda" BUT  "mysite.com/shop/cds" and "mysite.com/shop/cds/my-first-cd". I have the latest Joomla version: J3.6.5.

I have purged the Joomla caches. Do I have to refresh anything else?

Studio 42

Hi,
try to use category as shop main page with no category and manufacturer selected.
Because main Virtuemart page is obselete, it's possible it work better.

jaumearagay

Before the last update it worked properly...  :'(

Now doing as you say I get the right slug for the shop main page as I did after the update, but for the categories I get the category slug in the URL as "hanging" from the home page instead of showing the shop part of the slug:

I get "mysite.com/tienda" BUT  "mysite.com/cds" (it was "mysite.com/shop/cds"after the last update) but should be "mysite.com/tienda/cds"
and I get "mysite.com/cds/my-first-cd" (it was "mysite.com/shop/cds/my-first-cd" after the last update) but should be "mysite.com/tienda/cds/my-first-cd".

So, thank you, but your idea does not solve the issue. It changes it to a different one. It's better than before, but not fully solved.

Studio 42

This depend your menu too.
VM use Joomla menu for the first part and internal category tree after.
So if you need to display mysite.com/shop/cds and have set shop in one menu and cds in another menu
you get mysite.com/cds
SO you have to use Joomla menu tree :
shop
->cds

OR no Joomla menu links for cds part (using the category module for eg for links)

Note that now in VM you can have simplified category links or full links(including all parent cat in the link), perhaps your problem can be because before you used full links and now simplified category links ?
You have to check your VM config.

Milbo

I am not really good in SEO, but I think your Urls are better.
Should I fix your bug, please support the VirtueMart project and become a member

lindapowers

Quote from: jaumearagay on March 29, 2017, 12:19:33 PM
Before the last update it worked properly...  :'(

Now doing as you say I get the right slug for the shop main page as I did after the update, but for the categories I get the category slug in the URL as "hanging" from the home page instead of showing the shop part of the slug:

I get "mysite.com/tienda" BUT  "mysite.com/cds" (it was "mysite.com/shop/cds"after the last update) but should be "mysite.com/tienda/cds"
and I get "mysite.com/cds/my-first-cd" (it was "mysite.com/shop/cds/my-first-cd" after the last update) but should be "mysite.com/tienda/cds/my-first-cd".

So, thank you, but your idea does not solve the issue. It changes it to a different one. It's better than before, but not fully solved.

There is something interesting about this.

If you have a menu created to a concrete category and you access it via the category module the link displayed is without the main top level category item. (what he calls shop or tienda).

However if you don't have the menu item created it displays the full url including the "shop" (top level category item).

Still the long url with the "shop" menu item is accesible but if you type it the shorten url is set as canonical.

At least this is the effect for us.

I don't see any problem with it, actually I like it that it gets rid of the "shop" link for categories which is basicly useless but may not be desirable for all.

jaumearagay

New twist in the plot!

I've linked the spanish and french versions of the menu items so when I move from one language to the other the page changes to the right one BUT when you are seeing a product detail page and change the language it links back to the main page in the other language. Is there a way to link the detail pages in the different languages or is this a new bug?

Studio 42

Current oNly using my module, language switching is working for products and Category.
See http://shop.st42.fr/en/products/multi-language-for-virtuemart.htm
Note that with my module, you don't have to associate any categories. It only have to exist and translated.